Job Title: Principal Radar Systems Engineer
Location: North London
Pay Range/details: Negotiable Dependant on Experience
Contract Type: Permanent
Our defence client currently has a vacancy for an Principal Radar Systems Engineer within their Radar and Naval Systems team to drive the development and delivery of cutting-edge radar technology projects.
As the Principal Radar Engineer, you will be the key focal point for Radar Systems within the company group. Your role is pivotal in driving the development necessary to maintain the competitiveness of their products.
You will ensure timely delivery within budget and in alignment with design procedures, providing technical authority for radar products and their development, you will oversee detailed and accurate estimates for new developments and existing product enhancements.
Additionally, you will play a crucial role in developing the careers and technical capabilities of our team members and contribute to the development of our product roadmap in collaboration with the senior management team.
You must be able to obtain security clearance to be eligible for this role.
Key Responsibilities – Principal RF Systems Engineer
- Utilize expert knowledge of radar systems, RF, and associated techniques to guide the business at all levels.
- Coordinate technical delivery and act as the primary technical authority for multiple work packages and programs.
- Serve as the main point of contact for Sales and Systems Engineering staff in product selection.
- Develop long-term strategies for radar architecture, RF module development, simulation suite development, radar signal processing algorithms, and more.
- Derive and validate technical requirements and specifications.
- Liaise with sub-system suppliers to ensure performance requirements are met.
- Deliver technical presentations and reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Be willing to travel within the UK and overseas as required.
- Perform any other tasks associated with this role.
Qualifications & Requirements – Principal RF Systems Engineer
- Master's or Bachelor's Degree from a reputable university.
- Extensive expertise in Radar Engineering with proven contributions to the field.
- Track record of successfully leading large, complex projects within budget and timeline.
- Self-motivated with strong leadership and coaching skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Proficiency in MATLAB, digital signal processing, phased array radar, embedded software, and more.
- Experience with hardware test and debug using lab equipment.
- Familiarity with source control and issue tracking tools.
- Proficiency in other programming languages such as Python, C/C++.
What we can offer – Principal RF Systems Engineer
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working
- 25 days annual holiday entitlement
- Cashback Health Plan
- Costco Membership
For more information on this role, please contact Annabel Clifford on 01453 829 536 or send a copy of your CV to [email protected]
Candidates who are currently an Embedded Software Engineer, Embedded Software Developer, Senior Software Engineer, Senior Application Developer, Embedded Software Designer may be suitable for this position.
Omega Resource Group is an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors.
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.