|Location||Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England|
Gloucester (Hybrid Working)
The company provides infrastructure solutions which encompass backup, archive, high availability, storage, compute and networking. They harness leading global vendors to independently architect end-to-end solutions to help business manage and be assured of their data. Due to growth of their professional services business they are looking to recruit a Solutions Consultant
The company implements and supports the IT infrastructures of some of the UK’s top organisations within both the public and private sector. No client has the same needs and our solutions are tailored to the specific requirements of each client. As a leading services provider, they keep up to date with the very latest technologies.
They pride themselves on their team and as such offer full vendor training, including Cisco, Microsoft, VMware and HPE.
The candidate will work closely with our Solutions Consulting team to produce detailed technical specifications to assist the pre-sales process and thereafter they will be responsible for the technical low level design, implementation and documentation of the solution.
Applicants are required to have had proven technical project design and implementation experience with server/desktop virtualisation offerings from VMware, Citrix and Microsoft and exposure to cloud technologies. Ideally the candidate with have a strong understanding of networking and have a good amount of experience in customer facing hands-on design and implementation preferably working within an IT reseller environment.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated with the ability to identify priorities and manage multiple workloads and projects. Attention to detail is a must with a methodical and professional approach to solution design and implementation.
Technical skills required:
- VMware ESXi
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Microsoft Office 365
- SAN Technologies (HPE 3Par, Nimble, Dell Unity, SC)
- Windows Server 2016, 2012 and 2008
- Microsoft Clustering technologies
- Active Directory, ADFS, Group Policy and Certificate Services
- TCP/IP, VLAN, switching, routing and firewall configuration, VPN and WAN environments
- Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp
- Citrix NetScaler Gateway
- Corporate wireless systems such as Cisco Meraki & HPE Aruba
- Backup technologies such as Veeam/Arcserve
It would also be beneficial to have experience of:
- VMware Site Recovery Manager
- VMware Horizon
- Citrix XenServer
- Citrix Provisioning Services
- Multi-factor authentication
- Microsoft SQL 2014, 2012 and 2008
- Microsoft SCCM, SCVMM and SCOM
- Anti-virus technologies
- Web and E-mail Security
- Mobile Device and Application Management
- Cisco Networking (switches and routers)
- HPE Networking (SAN switches and LAN switches)
Remuneration & benefits
- Competitive basic salary plus bonus scheme
- Company Allowance
- Company laptop
- Company mobile phone
- 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
For more information please call Giles Churchill at Omega Resource Group on 01453 829794 or 07966 971648