|Location||West Bromwich, Sandwell, England|
The company helps move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Their 330 million pallets, crates and containers are continuously in motion, forming the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. The company primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. The plant manufactures linings for their high value powders and liquids pooling equipment and a wash plant. You will have approx. 25 -40 staff in total.
Lead & support the smooth day to day running of a supply chain / production operation, ensuring all customer orders are achieved OTIF. Ensuring that we promote a Safety First, Right 1st time Quality approach and deliver this within the agreed budgeted costs with full KPI’s measuring & reporting. You will be operating within a BRC, FDA, IFS, ISO, SMETA audit & compliance environment.
- Effective leadership and accountability to ensure full compliance of our HSE policy & procedures, ensuring full support and consideration of the wellbeing of all our employees. (Safety First)
- To ensure full compliance of our Quality policies & procedure. (Right 1st Time)
- Support & achieve all regulative & compliance audits both internal / external ensuring that all supporting documents, training & procedures are in place and kept up to date with regular reviews.
- Customer service levels (OTIF)
- Distribution of Liners, Containers and ancillaries for UK & EU.
- Plan conformance, ensuring the agreed plans are supported and achieved. (Conformance to plan)
- Deliver operational performance on time, within costs. (Budget Compliance)
- Achieve, agreed targets, monitor, improve and report on a range of site KPI’s (OEE & Operational Performance)
- People Management, Holidays, RTW’s, Absence reviews (ARM), Disciplinaries, PDP’s
- Employee engagement, achieve all engagement & pulse survey results (Glint)
- One team culture, by engaging with your team through a pro-active, supportive, authentic leadership style delivering all site / business objectives in line with our company values.
- Stock & inventory management including raw material, work in progress ( WIP) and finished goods, ancillaries & spares.
- Implementation achieve & sustain all GMP & Hygiene compliance.
Skills and Experience:
- Manage & lead, Health & Safety, environment policy, procedures & behaviors.
- Ideally 5 years + experience within a similar fast-paced production & distribution operation within food packaging / production environment.
- BRC, FDA, IFS, ISO, SMETA audit & compliance
- Well-developed people skills and experience of performance improvement in a team working environment. (people management & engagement)
- Budget preparation & management
- Continuous Improvement (CI), Lean manufacturing techniques & implementation
- Systems (SAP, MRP, Microsoft Office)
- Managing Safety, HSE (Risk assessments)
- Proven Leadership skills, strong communication and development of high-performance teams. (Team building)
- Integrity, live the company values, promote a positive company image, behave ethically.
- Ability to teach & mentor.
- Leadership, negotiation, conflict resolution.
- Effective communication at all levels.
- CI & Lean understanding & implementation
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Consistent delivery of high-performance results.
- Quick & effective decision maker.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders.
- Creative thinker, provide a vision for the future.
- Must be able to work logically and systematically with a pro-active, self-driven approach.
- Adapt to and implement change.
- Time management.
No Degree Required - Logistics Management, Technical/Professional Qualification - Operations Management
For more information on the role please call Giles Churchill at Omega Resource Group on 07966 971648