Operations & Facilities Manager
Dursley Area, Gloucestershire
The client are one of UK’s leading wildlife and conservation charities who have a large visitor centre based in Gloucestershire . They have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive Operations & Facilities Manager to join the team at their local Centre.
Reporting to and deputising for the General Manager you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation, leading and motivating the facilities, grounds, living collection and reserves teams to achieve operational improvements. You will be responsible for the following teams onsite Facilities Team, Grounds Manager, Reserves Manger, Living Collection Manager, Museum & Administration Supervisors. You are NEBOSH certified or equivalent and will be responsible for ensuring all Health and Safety requirements are met for the site. You will also work a duty manager rota and will be required to work 5 days over 7 including some weekends
Duties include :
- Work with the General Manager, centre teams and the relevant national leads to ensure the smooth running of the centre putting health & safety, animal welfare and the visitor experience at the forefront of everything we do.
- Support the General Manager with the preparation of the centre budgets and manage such budgets and cost centres as may be devolved by the General Manager within WWT’s financial regulations.
- Work closely with the General Manager, Visitor Experience Manager and relevant national leads to maximise commercial opportunities and return on investment.
- To provide leadership to all staff and volunteers within the department enabling every team member’s contribution to be maximised by ensuring that the appropriate levels of direction and support are provided through professional line management in line with WWT’s people frameworks.
- To ensure that your teams engage and interact with our visitors and supporters in a positive way, shaping unforgettable experiences and helping them understand and connect to wetlands
- Work with departmental managers to ensure that appropriate plans and projects are in place to deliver and support the local business plan, including reserves management plan, grounds maintenance and planting plans, facilities maintenance plan, & the living collection plan
- Oversee the facilities management plan ensuring that all buildings, exhibits, pumps, filtration systems and hides are kept in good order, are well maintained and are managed to an agreed standard.
- Develop and manage a programme of preventative maintenance – with full consideration given at all times to ensuring that work causes minimum disruption to both the operation and the visitor experience.
- Oversee the security of the centre and ensure the successful implementation of systems and procedures designed to minimise risk.
- Ensure policy, procedures, practices and work instructions are understood and implemented to the highest possible standards across the centre,
- Ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of everyone in the centre is an integral part of how they work, creating a safe environment for staff, volunteers and visitors by implementing the charities health and safety policies and guidelines
- In the role of Health & Safety Officer you will be responsible for ensuring:
- the provision of appropriate levels of first aid support
- the full working order of all emergency equipment, systems and procedures and any associated training (e.g. fire extinguishers, fire alarms, emergency lighting)
- the organisation of emergency drills and the provision of the necessary instructions and training at site
- the purchase and control of all first aid supplies, PPE and safety signage
- Health & Safety inductions are undertaken as required at site by supporting line managers with the guidance and materials required and that associated records are maintained
- maintain accurate H&S training records
- The Centre’s accident book is kept up to date and that reporting to external bodies is in line with appropriate legislation
- Manage the online staff rota system and other administration tasks including the submission and checking of payroll data by stated deadlines to the HR department
- To be responsible for ensuring that the centre teams engage with the Sustainability Statement being aware of negative environmental impacts and incorporating sustainable ways of working within your team
- To ensure that everyone in your department adheres to Data Protection policy and GDPR standards as an integral part of how they work
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the post holder is required to perform any other reasonable duties that may be assigned by the supervisor shown above, from time to time.
• Degree (or qualifications that are of the same level/standard) in a relevant subject area
• Current driving licence as the ability to travel to other locations is essential
• NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent
• Experience of performing an Operations or Facilities Management role
For more information on the role please call Giles Churchill at Omega Resource Group on 07966 971648