|Salary||£25000 - £30000|
My client is looking for an experienced Operational Purchaser to assist in managing a busy manufacturing site.
Purchase Direct & Indirect materials and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
To ensure the company receives value for money on all purchases, benchmarks and manages suppliers to achieve optimal delivery. Works to improve Quality, cost and delivery and inventory control
1. Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate
2. Any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on the business continuity. Main areas of purchase are as follows – Ferrous and non ferrous solid and hollow bar stock for the CNC department. Plastic and resins for the extrusion department & precision strip ferrous metals for the metal forming department.
3. To own, update and maintain purchasing data system integrity specific to their area of responsibility. This would include both material and supplier information data sets to ensure both business continuity and optimal inventory levels to support targeted On Time In Full (OTIF) time in full / First FILL Rates to customers.
4. To assist in developing ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement.
5. To identify and develop two-way, 'win-win' supplier-customer relationships.
6. Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
7. Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible.
8. Attend morning purchasing review meeting & the daily production meeting Deliver briefs, updates and reports when required
9. Explore alternate sources for goods and materials and work a and recommend areas for improvement in conjunction with SCM and strategy
10. Support procurement department objectives and KPI's and be instrumental in supporting their achievement.
• Ability to work with data & analyse
• Supply Chain understanding
• Demand Planning and Forecasting
• Be confident and competent in negotiating and networking
• Have good commercial awareness, creative, organised with the ability to multi-task
• Confident working collaboratively as part of a team and independently.
• Previously experience of working within a large global organisation would be preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Be numerical and proficient in all Microsoft package, Excel & Word