|Salary||£34280 - £34280|
We are seeking a Night Shift Operations Manager on a temp to perm basis to manage the activity within warehouse operation on the night shift, to deliver a professional and flexible distribution solution, that meets the needs of all stakeholders.
Control all operational aspects of the area of responsibility so that they are carried out safely, cost-effectively, efficiently and with high emphasis upon customer service.
Role requirements -
- To provide a first-class standard of customer service within the warehouse operations, covering all areas of service, activity and reporting.
- Have specific responsibility for either sofa or cabinet operations on one of the rotating day shifts, whilst also supporting the overall good running of the DDC.
- Act as a key point of contact for all warehouse enquiries from other teams within the business.
- Working with the other Shift Operations Managers on shift, manage the shift operations on a day to day basis, ensuring all work and administration is completed to agreed deadlines.
- Deputise for the Operations Manager as required to ensure continuity of standards and service from the warehouse team.
- Promote a safety-first culture and ensure that all aspects of the operation are always compliant with current H&S legislation.
- Carry out regular communication with your team and ensure they are actively engaged within their team and as part of the wider warehouse operation.
- Ensure that all members of your warehouse team receive appropriate training and development to ensure they can deliver in their role.
- In conjunction with the Operations Manager ensure there is enough, skilled resource and equipment in place to meet the needs of the business at all times.
- Complete reports and submissions regarding your shift/area of responsibility
- Experience of managing or working in a warehouse or distribution environment.
- Effective communication skills and proven ability to motivate and manage a team of people.
- IT literate with knowledge of WMS systems.
- Ability to produce, understand and report on operational performance information.
- Focused on delivering excellent service to all customers at all times.
- Able to cope with change and manage own work load and priorities.
- Able to deliver results and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of relevant H&S, HR legislation and good practice.