|Salary||£60k - 65k per year + Bonus + Excellent Benefits + Pension + Flexible Working Hours|
Job Title: Modelling and Performance Project Lead
Pay Range/details: Up to circa £65,000
Contract Type: Permanent
Our defence client is currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer with experience in modelling and performance simulation, as well as leadership and delivery of projects, who is wanting to make their next career move into a leadership position.
An incredibly supportive and progressive business with real potential to be the company you want to call ‘home’ for the long term, with genuine career progression opportunities.
You’ll be employed in Stevenage or Bristol, with the opportunity to work on a hybrid basis with flexible hours.
Due to the sensitive nature of the work within this role, you must be a British National and be able to obtain SC or DV clearance.
This role will require 3-4 days per week on site on average.
Key Responsibilities – Modelling and Performance Project Lead
- Working on the development of complex algorithms and subsystem models.
- Drive a medium sized team through the remaining development and certification activities.
- Through your leadership, the seeker team will develop algorithms and the modelling framework required to produce software, as well as predict seeker performance alongside an integrated missile model.
- You will also be involved in developing scene generation capabilities, defining studies to explore the performance envelope, and bringing algorithm development through its full life cycle – including auto-coding for delivery.
- You will have the opportunity to get involved in a variety of other activities within the programme including supporting field trials and helping to craft the company’s industrial capabilities.
Qualifications & Requirements – Modelling and Performance Project Lead
- Share best practise across the programme and department to ensure efficient, coherent, and clear model deliveries into high profile missile programmes.
- Encourage innovation – for example improved agile methods, process improvements, auto-coding firmware, and preparation for use of machine learning / AI.
- Lead the technical development of the Seeker performance on cutting edge hardware. Bring your experience and insights to accelerate development.
- To bridge gaps between different specialist skill groups to deliver coherent and complete performance models.
- Strong stakeholder management to deputise for senior leadership and represent the overall seeker team when required.
- Strong programme management skills – including budgets, risks, and opportunities.
What we can offer – Modelling and Performance Project Lead
- Generous annual bonus of up to 21%
- Annual Salary Increase
- Life Assurance
- Career Progression
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Opportunity to work with a fantastic team!
For more information on this role, please contact Annabel Clifford on 01453 829 536 or send a copy of your CV to [email protected]
Candidates who are currently a Senior Modelling and Simulation Engineer, Senior Systems Engineer, Principal Systems Engineer, Senior Modelling Engineer, Simulation Engineer, MBSE or Model Based Systems Engineer may be suitable for this position.
Omega Resource Group is an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors.
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.