|Salary||£15 - 16 per hour|
An exciting opportunity has arisen with my client. They are a successful Aerospace Engineering company that are offering a stable and lucrative career in their weld shop. They require a Welder/Fabricator to manufacture a variety of products, Manual and Orbital TIG welding of rigid and flexible tube assemblies, brackets, and components predominately for the Aerospace industry and complying within an AS9100 and NADCAP approved manufacturing facility. This could also include fabrication or finishing operations associated with these jobs.
The candidate will be responsible for understanding engineering drawings and performing a variety of welding operations.
We are looking for a Welder/Fabricator who ideally has the following skills:
1. Manual and Orbital TIG welding of mainly tube ranging from 1/4 inch to 2 inch diameter both thin wall and thick tubing. Materials include but are not limited to Stainless Steel, Inconel, Titanium, and Aluminium.
2. Strict following of Data Cards, process specifications, Engineering Drawings, Standard Work Instructions, Preventative Maintenance, 5S standards and audits, and any other systems or procedures to maintain high Aerospace standards of product integrity and lean manufacturing execution.
3. Ability to use, maintain, program orbital and manual TIG welding equipment and the use of measurement equipment such as shadowgraph, borescopes, Vernier, micrometre for inspection and fabrication purposes.
4. Able to inspect own work including but not limited to fit to fixture after welding, damage, and finally inspection welds as a qualified visual weld inspector.
5. Fabrication and finishing of welded assembles including but not limited to: Prepare components to weld ensuring they conform to a fixture or drawing, Sizing, Facing, Polishing, Linishing, cleaning, post weld polishing, cleaning, and packing.
6. Active participation in Safety and Continuous Improvement actives including but not limited to: Guard Check sheets, Risk assessments, Problem solving to reduce scrap & rework, productivity and standard work events, improve workplace organisation and 5S, on the job training of team members.
The benefits of working for this company are:
- They offer competitive rates of pay and excellent benefits
- They offer job security and stability, as they have a sustainable client base.
- Potential career progression.
- Ongoig training and development
- Lots of overtime.
- They promote a positive, approachable and welcoming culture throughout the company.
For further details, please contact Paul Furlong at: email@example.com
Call me on – 01453 829789
Omega Resource Group are an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors. We are always seeking Engineering Staff, Senior Managers, Skilled and Semi-Skilled Machinists, Mechanical Fitters, Electrical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Materials Science Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Electronics Engineers, Test Technicians, Technical Authors, Electricians and Laboratory Technicians to name but a few. For more details visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk.