Job Title: Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Gloucestershire
Salary: Highly Competitive + Bonus + Benefits package, relocation assistance available
Profile - Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer
My client is a world leader in the provision of highly advanced technical solutions to the Oil & Gas drilling sectors. They are currently looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team based at their modern fit for purpose facility. Candidates will have the opportunity to work in an environment where investment is continuous and substantial, technology is leading edge, teamwork is at the forefront of all they do, and personal development is encouraged at every stage. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that pride themselves on delivering high quality superior products to their sector.
Job Role – Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for performing the lead role in the implementation of manufacturing processes and techniques and the implementation of LEAN and use of Six Sigma tools. The owner of their respective manufacturing processes and standards and enforces implementation by training shop floor personnel, implementing and monitoring metrics, and oversight. Responsible to solve complex manufacturing problems and take an active role in troubleshooting quality and production yield related issues within manufacturing.
Duties – Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer
- Responsible for the implementation of key elements of Lean, such as: standardized work instructions, line balancing, layout and work sequence (routing) optimization, training development matrix, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen/5S workouts, pull processes, TPM (total preventive maintenance), cell design, and quick changeover/batch-size optimization
- Implement process improvements to achieve manufacturing excellence in areas such as process yield, cycle time reduction and productivity
- Provide shop floor feedback on product design and manufacturability issues to Engineering and DFMs
- Review and sign-off on Engineering Change Orders that impact Inventory
- Creates, implements, and monitors key performance indicators and metrics on manufacturing process capability and product quality
- Monitoring and reducing process costs
- Responsible to assist with investigation, root cause analysis and corrective action implementation for manufacturing quality issues
Experience/Qualifications – Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer
-Degree qualified in relevant Engineering (or equivalent qualifications)
-Continuous Improvement and LEAN Methodology
Candidates who are currently a Manufacturing Engineer, Production Engineer, Process Engineer, Quality Engineer, Continuous Improvement Engineer, LEAN Engineer, Production Support Engineer and Manufacturing Manager
For more information regarding this role please call Joseph Wellington (01453 829791) or send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This role will be suitable for candidates with in experience in: Manufacturing Engineer, Production Engineer, Process Engineer, Quality Engineer, Continuous Improvement Engineer, LEAN Engineer, Production Support Engineer and Manufacturing Manager
Omega Resource Group are an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors.
We are always seeking Engineering Staff, Senior Managers, Skilled and Semi-Skilled Machinists, Mechanical Fitters, Electrical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Materials Science Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Electronics Engineers, Test Technicians, Technical Authors and Laboratory Technicians to name but a few.
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.