|Location||Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, England|
|Salary||£35000 - £40000|
Mechanical Design Engineer - Test Equipment
My client, a leading manufacturer, are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their expanding Test Equipment function in Gloucesteshire. The successful Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of complex mechanical and hydromechanical components and full systems.
Mechanical Design Engineer Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the definition, development, integration, validation/verification and release of Mechanical/ Hydromechanical components and systems
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of: requirements definition, concept, design, verification & validation methods and final release for systems.
- Assist with the definition of mechanical and hydromechanical solutions in the creation of detailed equipment proposals.
- Prepare and release documentation in support of development processes
- Define, complete and/ or direct work packages in the maintenance or upgrade of existing mechanical and hydromechanical solutions.
- Maintain and release Documentation during maintenance or upgrade activities.
- Support Root Cause investigations
- Support with strategies for obsolescence management, maintenance and spares provision.
- Support internal and external Quality Audits of deployed Test Equipment solutions.
Mechanical Design Engineer Qualifications and Skills
- Degree eduated in a relevant engineering subject; mechanical/hydromechanical
- Experience in the design and development of mechanical/hydromechanical automated solutions
- Experience in one or more of the following: 3D CAD, AutoCAD, Siemens NX, MATLAB or SubVersion is advantageous.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, VISO and Project.
- Must be able to obtain UK Security Clearance