Mechanical Design Engineer (R&D)
Oil and Gas, Engineering
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the R&D team of a global manufacturing business as an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer. You will be overseeing R&D design and development of electromechanical systems for complex oilfield services equipment.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you’ll bring your skills and understanding to the fore to design high-value, low-volume systems for specific application within the energy and offshore industry.
You’ll ideally be able to demonstrate experience and exposure to structural and stress analysis tools and be able to apply this work to new conceptual ideas.
As a member of the R&D team, innovation will be crucial as will an ability to think outside the box.
- Innovate, design and develop customised customer-centric designs.
- Plan and lead R&D Design work of small to medium sized projects.
- Create 3D detail drawings to allow manufacture of products and parts.
- Ensure accurate documentation control.
- Liaise with 3rd parties for design reviews as necessary.
- Create data manuals for issue to clients.
- Create installation and assembly instructions utilizing design creations.
- Provide graphics for reports and presentations.
- Attend client meetings in and design review meetings.
- Assist in costing of design for purpose of project control.
- Support and mentor up and coming engineers where possible.
- BEng (Hons) minimum
- Experience of FEA / hand calculations / MathCAD.
- Experience in Autodesk inventor or similar package.
- structural and stress analysis; calculation by hand.
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Working knowledge of ISO9001 and API Q1
- Exposure to design codes such as NACE, API, CE Marking, ASME, NORSOK etc.
For more information regarding this role please call Lee Powell on 01453 829530 or to make an application send a CV to [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Omega Resource Group is a technical and engineering specialist agency and we also recruit for Design engineers, CAD Engineers, Mechanical Designers, Project Engineers, R&D Engineers, Concept Design Engineers, and Mechanical Engineers.
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.