|£45k - 55k per year
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Pay Range/details: up to £55,000 per annum + Benefits
Contract Type: Permanent
My premier Gloucester-based client is looking for a skilled, Solidworks proficient Mechanical Design Engineer to join their growing team at their purpose-built facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for the mechanical design of a wide range of standard and special purpose machines and tooling for their specific industry, and providing technical support to other company departments
The Mechanical Design Engineer will take the technical lead on specific projects and in addition will assist the Engineering Manager in coaching other Mechanical Engineers to develop Design skills and work to the departmental processes.
Key Responsibilities – Mechanical Design Engineer
- The mechanical design of standard and special purpose machines, examples of which are, but not limited to:
- Lead plate feeders and stackers
- Lead casting machines
- Assembly and test machines for batteries
- Robot loading and machining cells
- Carry out detailed mechanical design work including 3D modelling, prototyping and design verification testing, as required.
- Aware and capable to carry out risk assessments for safety regulations and CE compliance.
- Responsible for mechanical component selection taking into consideration standardisation, obsolescence, availability and cost.
- Responsible for preparing and presenting mechanical designs at design reviews.
- If required, generate minutes from Design Reviews.
- Ensures design files and information are kept up to date and stored in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Highlight all mechanical/technical risks to the Engineering Manager / Team Managers.
- Keeps up to date with the latest manufacturing techniques and drawing standards.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that the required information is available when needed and customer requests are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Follow departmental processes relating to management of designs.
- Responsible for creation of 2D drawings to allow manufacture or purchase.
- Produce Customer Sign off drawings for new orders.
- Responsible for generation of Assembly drawings and bills of materials.
- Responsible for meeting design to cost figures.
- Responsible for carrying out design change requests in a timely manner.
- Ensure the mechanical design output fits in with all other aspects of the design.
- Works closely with operations, manufacturing and production engineers to ensure products are designed for manufacture.
- Creation of technical reports and documentation as required for customers and development projects.
- Available for onsite customer support (presentations and fault finding) as required.
- Take technical lead on specific projects and agree technical approach with the Engineering manager / Team Managers.
- Responsible for checking drawing/parts libraries are up to date and correct regularly.
- Responsible for checking and validating Mechanical Engineers designs and drawings where required.
- Identify any personal or mechanical team training needs to the Engineering Manager / Team Managers.
Qualifications & Requirements – Mechanical Design Engineer
- Proven ability to understand/produce technical drawings.
- Ability to co-ordinate with the other discipline Engineers (electrical, pneumatics and software) within the department to produce multidisciplinary design solutions.
- Able to report mechanical design status on the assigned tasks whenever asked.
- Able to either answer all queries relating to the mechanical design or to field them to the appropriate member of the department.
- Liaise with other Company employees regularly to update design status & collate cost data relating to the mechanical design.
- Ensure the mechanical design functionally meets the user’s requirements.
- Produce designs to specified deadlines and achieve the required timescales.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Good communication skills, dealing with other employees and external clients at all levels.
- Excellent IT skills, especially Solidworks.
- Good written communication skills.
- Good team player.
- Effective problem-solving capabilities.
- Committed to undertaking professional development.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Full passport with ability to travel internationally for occasional customer visits.
What we can offer – Mechanical Design Engieer
- Competitive annual salary up to £55k per annum
- Excellent life assurance package
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Christmas Shutdown
- Free onsite parking
Call for action: For more information on this role, please contact Paul Furlong on 01453 829789 or send a copy of your CV to [email protected]
Compliance: Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Omega Resource Group is an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors.
Candidates who are currently a Manufacturing Engineer, Design graduate, Engineering Manager or product design engineer may be suitable for this position
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.