|Salary||£36k - 40k per year|
Role: Mechanical Design Engineer
Remuneration: Up to £40,000 per annum
Additional: Whilst this role will be sitebased initially, there is an opportunity for hybrid working after 6 months, once familiar with the company and scopes of work.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global engineering business at a site that is seeing significant growth within both manufacturing and engineering output.
As a Design Engineer, you will be involved in creating Design Solutions for both new products and existing product refinement.
Ideally you’ll have experience in design of mechanical sub-assemblies, components and preferably experience in special purpose machinery.
Duties: Mechanical Design Engineer
- Design new products in accordance with relevant specifications.
- Produce 2D g drawings and create 3D models using Solidworks
- Produce documentation including BOM’s, reports and Manuals.
- Ensure designs are to BS8888 standards.
- Support initial technical review of client requirements.
- Providing technical information to both external and internal customers.
- Attend design review meetings ensuring commercial awareness.
- Submit Technical Requisition documents for subcontracted work.
- Support the production department during the introduction of new products.
Person Specification: Mechanical Design Engineer
- HNC or HND minimum
- Design experience (Solidworks)
- Ability to undertake basic hand calculations.
- Knowledge of Machinery Directive (Preferred)
- Preferably experience within a Material/Product handling (Conveyors).
- Able to generate drawings to BS888 standards.
For more information regarding this role please call Lee Powell on 01453 829530 or to make an application send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Omega Resource Group is a technical and engineering specialist agency and we also recruit for Design engineers, CAD Engineers, CAD Technicians, Design Draughtsman, Project Engineers and Mechanical Engineers.
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.