|Job-type||Interim / Contract|
Position: Mechanical Design Engineer
Shift Pattern: Days
Employment type: 6 Month Contract
Responsibilities - Mechanical Design Engineer
- Designing complex electro-mechanical devices as part of a project team.
- Model and drawing creation, to both internal and international standards and specifications.
- Bill of Material (BOM) creation and product file maintenance including Change Orders (CO) and revision control.
- Perform tolerance stack-up analysis and basic design calculations.
- You will interface with the technical staff from other disciplines
- Consult with external suppliers as well as in-house manufacturing and field personnel.
Experience Required - Mechanical Design Engineer
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent qualifications)
- Recognised time served apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering or experience in a similar Designer role.
- Excellent working knowledge of PTC Creo (formerly ProEngineer)
- Knowledge of drafting standards, ISO and ASME including Geometric Tolerancing.
- Tolerance stack-up calculations.
- Experience using CAD
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes including Design for Manufacture (DfM)
- Mechanical systems assembly/disassembly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication (English).
- Capacity to balance technical constraints, cost, lead time and priorities.
- Skilled in teamwork, service oriented and quality minded.
For more information regarding this role please call Joseph Wellington (01453 829791) or send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This role will be suitable for candidates with in experience in: Mechanical Design, CAD, Oil & Gas
Omega Resource Group are an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors.
We are always seeking Engineering Staff, Senior Managers, Skilled and Semi-Skilled Machinists, Mechanical Fitters, Electrical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Materials Science Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Electronics Engineers, Test Technicians, Technical Authors and Laboratory Technicians to name but a few.
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.