|Salary||£31k - 35k per year + Overtime & Bonus|
Salary: £31418 + 10 % bonus totaling up to £34559 per annum, no call outs , no weekend work.
type of position: Permanent
Working week: days Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week
We are currently looking to recruit Commercial Vehicle Technician to join workshop based in Chester. The appropriate candidate will perform a full range of inspections, MOT preparations, diagnosis, service, maintenance and repair on a range of light and heavy commercial vehicles, trailers and mechanical equipment.
Successful candidates must be fully qualified to at least IMI Level 3 in Light or Heavy vehicle maintenance & repair or an equivalent qualification and have proven experience of working on a wide range of light commercal vehicles.
Role & Responsibilities
- Inspections, MOT Preparations, diagnosis, service, maintenance and repair procedures on a range of commercial vehicles, trailers and mechanical equipment
- Electrical, mechanical and hydraulic fault diagnosis, repair and installation
- Setting and operating of machine tools and equipment
- Department of Transport (MOT) testing duties (if approved tester)
- Support workshops team members including Apprentice Technicians as required.
- Accurately record time to complete jobs and associated details
- Use of skills and performance of other work within normal grade/job skills as required by the Workshop Supervisor to maximise workshop efficiency
- May occasionally have to deal directly with customers.
Skills & Experience Required
- IMI Level 3 in Light or Heavy vehicle maintenance & repair or an equivalent qualification
- Strong customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work within given timeframes
- Ability to tackle all aspects of vehicle repair and servicing.
- Diagnostics skills.
- HGV experience
Please apply now if this role interests you or contact Nick directly on 01453 829524 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates who are currently vehicle technician, LCV technician, mechanic, HGV technician, master technician or commercial vehicle technicians would be applicable for this position.