|Salary||£31.5k - 35k per year + Overtime & Bonus|
Salary: £31418 + 10 % bonus totalling up to £34559 per annum, no call outs, no weekend work.
type of position: Permanent
Working week: days Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week
We are currently looking to recruit Commercial Vehicle Technician to join workshop based in Exeter The appropriate candidate will perform a full range of inspections, MOT preparations, diagnosis, service, maintenance, and repair on a range of light commercial vehicles, trailers and mechanical equipment.
Successful candidates must be fully qualified to at least IMI Level 3 in Light or Heavy vehicle maintenance & repair or an equivalent qualification and have proven experience of working on a wide range of light commercial vehicles.
Role & Responsibilities
- Inspections, MOT Preparations, diagnosis, service, maintenance, and repair procedures on a range of commercial vehicles, trailers, and mechanical equipment
- Electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic fault diagnosis, repair, and installation
- Setting and operating of machine tools and equipment
- Department of Transport (MOT) testing duties (if approved tester)
- Support workshops team members including Apprentice Technicians as required.
- Accurately record time to complete jobs and associated details
- Use of skills and performance of other work within normal grade/job skills as required by the Workshop Supervisor to maximise workshop efficiency
- May occasionally have to deal directly with customers.
Skills & Experience Required
- IMI Level 3 in Light or Heavy vehicle maintenance & repair or an equivalent qualification
- Strong customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work within given timeframes
- Ability to tackle all aspects of vehicle repair and servicing.
- Diagnostics skills.
Candidates who are currently vehicle technician, LCV technician, mechanic, HGV technician, master technician or commercial vehicle technicians would be applicable for this position.
Please apply now if this role interests you or contact Nick directly on 01453 829524 / email@example.com