|Salary||£25000 - £27000|
Material Requirements Planner
£25,000 - £27,000
Our client are seeking a material planner to join their growing team at their Redruth site, the successful candidate will ideally have a background in manufacturing and production.
• Purchasing raw material/stock items.
• Managing raw material inventory through to finished product.
• Producing and sustaining an efficient and cost effective buying plan.
• Covering production planning/scheduling where required.
• Producing planning reports on a regular basis, detailing departmental performance.
• Developing and maintaining systems and processes.
• Manage supplier liaison & performance (contact, audits, price negotiation).
• Complete role admin tasks – raising purchase orders.
• Maintain and troubleshoot BOM issues.
• Providing accurate planning based information to the business.
• Ensuring the production team are always updated with developments to the plan.
• Flexible, able to cover 2 sites in order to support the function, albeit primarily based at our Redruth site.
• Problem solver, with a desire to create long term solutions.
• Ability to assimilate with various teams (Operations, HSEQ and Planning).
• Appetite for development and to develop others.
• Willingness to learn new techniques and adapt to the environment.
• Confident IT user, especially Microsoft suite.
• Eye for detail, only accepting the right first time approach.
• Able to adopt and demonstrate the company’s core values.
• GCSE A-C grades, BTEC Diploma or NVQ level 2/3 in a core subject.
• Previous experience of ERP/Planning systems (SAP, Preactor or similar)
• 2+ years of experience in MRP or production planning.
• Strong IT skills, especially Microsoft Office suite (Excel)
• Background in manufacturing an advantage.
• Strong knowledge of supply chain and it’s interdependencies.