Master Scheduler required by industry leading company, based in Cheltenham. The successful candidate will create a Master Production Schedule for material and capacities by effectively balancing supply and demand. Also for making business decisions based on customer service, quality, manufacturing and operational requirements.
- Working with forecasts and sales orders to produce and maintain a Master Production Schedule.
- Liaising with internal departments to reduce lead times and increase customer satisfaction.
- Understanding restrictions such as capacity and material availability whilst ensuring that schedules are adhered to.
- Monitoring orders against forecasts and reporting on discrepancies.
- Updating the wider business regarding best customer delivery dates and shortages.
- Identifying potential risks and finding solutions.
- Monitoring stock levels.
- Reporting on labour use and resource planning when required.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of planning production in a diverse manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Self motivated, requiring minimal supervision.
- Must be proficient in MRP, Master Production Scheduling systems, Capacity Planning and Microsoft Office
- A thorough understanding of forecasting and master production scheduling principals.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Able to respond quickly to changing situations with strong problem solving skills.