|Salary||£43k - 46k per year + OTE £50K+|
Production Leader / Manager
Dayshift, Greater Manchester
Competitive Salary & excellent benefits package –
10% Bonus, Pension and health, Overtime, Basic plus shift allowance
Our client is a global leader in FMCG manufacturing. Their prestigious manufacturing facility is currently experiencing sustained expansion and business growth, and in order to remain at the forefront of a highly competitive market place, an immediate opportunity has arisen for a proven production professional to manage a production area on dayshift.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and motivated dayshift Shift Manager
The Shift Manager will oversee all operations across the department starting with safety then to optimise quality, line efficiency and delivery. The role will also involve:
- Lead a team of technical and non-technical operators
- Clearly communicate to the Department Manager and Site Leadership Team
- Show a proven track record in running a manufacturing FMCG shift
- Train and upskill co-workers to create a pro-active and positive culture
- Reporting directly into the Plant Manager, you will be an integral part of the manufacturing team, undertaking a diverse role with responsibility for controlling the movement of all raw materials through to finished goods in your particular factory, planning and scheduling production resources to meet customer needs within quality, time and cost specifications.
- Acting as a change agent, you will be responsible for both the day to day management of technical and production professionals in your area, via your established management team; as well as co-ordinating and driving development projects which will lead towards performance improvements, cost reduction and greater competitiveness.
- You will deliver products within constraints, identify, recommend and implement process improvements, as well as design a performance management system for operational teams
- You will provide technical support and analysis, including the utilisation of industrial performance and continuous improvement tools
Is this you?
- Ideally you will be of graduate calibre, with a considerable understanding of all areas of factory operations. Process, manufacturing and packaging backgrounds considered
- You will also possess FMCG , Process or fast paced manufacturing industry experience, with factory knowledge and understanding of the key drivers within an FMCG factory environment
- You will be truly inspirational in your approach and management of people
- In addition, you will be experienced in change management, CI, planning and organising factory improvement initiatives
- Have a proven record in driving improvement
- IOSH/NEBOSH qualification would be advantageous
- A driven and can-do attitude
- Knowledge of lean tools
- Passion and driven to create a culture based on delivering on time in full
- A hands-on leader
Will suit a manufacturing team or production shift manager, a production team lead, operations shift manager, production shift manager, from FMCG, Food and drink, packaging, health, pharmaceutical, automotive, aerospace, manufacturing , GMP, Regulated industry,
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.