|Job-type||Interim / Contract|
|Salary||£16 - £20|
Job Role: Manufacturing Team Leader
Job Type: Contract
Location: North Somerset
Salary Expectations: £16 – 20 per hour PAYE
Our industry leading client are looking to recruit multiple Manufacturing Team Leaders to manage all activities relating to the effective operation of a defined cell of employees to ensure all activities are on time and to standard. To lead and develop a high performing multi skilled team in order to achieve individual, departmental and organisational objectives.
- To ensure that the health, safety and wellbeing of the team are maintained in line with the site objectives.
- Control day to day manufacturing activities at shop floor level and ensure that the quality standards are maintained by following the cell standard operating procedures.
- To manage the cell and ensure that the team understand its responsibilities and achieves the output requirements to agreed schedules.
- Create and develop dedicated teams to adequately solve problems in conjunction with other key stakeholders.
- Maximise efficiency within the cell by ensuring effective use of people, time and resource.
- To lead the team and ensure that the appropriate standards of behaviour and performance are maintained.
- To ensure the cell is controlled to minimize energy and material usage and all waste is correctly dealt with to site standards.
- Demonstrate visible leadership at all time by actively observing operator performance.
- Maintain the 6S process within the cell to ensure that it's in accordance with the current standard.
- Plan, monitor, deliver and control the training of employees to meet the business needs for capability and capacity.
- To act as a point of reference for members of the team in terms of quality and technical matters.
- Ensure all individual training and development requirements are identified and a training programme is maintained ensuring there are no skills gaps within the team.
- Significant experience of leading, motivating and developing a team is desired.
- HNC or equivalent in a manufacturing or engineering discipline would be advantageous
- Have a responsible approach to H&S of themselves and others
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to work with detailed information in a logical and organised way
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Confident with working on own initiative
- Excellent IT literacy, being a competent user of MS office
- Excellent time management skills
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
- Self-motivated and resourceful
For further details, please contact Kyle Edmond by email on email@example.com – or by phone on 01453 852 563.