Manufacturing Engineer - Milling
My client, a leading aerospace manufacture based in Gloucesterhsire, are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their fantastic facility. The successful manufacturing engineer will have extensive experience of prismatic machining (5 axis milling, mill turn) and the related processes.
You’re main responsibility will be in the fabrication of complex machined parts and sub-assemblies by providing timely and accurate CNC programs and work instructions from 3D models for a range of different manufacturing processes.
You will also support NPI programs to ensure new designs fit with the manufacturing strategy. Offering guidance on design changes to aid the manufacturability of components, helping to ensure standard features are carried across product families as a way of safeguarding part standardisation.
- Create and support the deployment of effective methods and or processes based on 3D models for product launch into the manufacturing areas
- Helping to develop and execute effective manufacturing systems that are based on best practice. Assisting with creating effective procedures that drive quality in our processes.
- Support Manufacturing Engineer(s) / Technician(s) in the creation, review and approval of gauging, fixtures and special tooling required to support the efficient and effective manufacture of machined and assembled products.
- Lead and support the effective creation of new processes
- Assure compatibility of engineering drawings and specifications with manufacturing and fabrication capabilities by reviewing drawing and making suggestions for changes and revisions to enhance productivity.
- Support NPI programs to ensure new designs fit with the manufacturing strategy.
- Proven experience programming Prismatic Machining - 5 Axis Milling, Mill Turn
- HNC/ HND (vocational, professional, or advanced) or equivalent in the field of Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering
- Proven general capabilities in DFM, DFSS, APQP methodologies, Lean methodologies, Zero Defect and process improvement.
- Proven specific capabilities in CNC programming using 3D CAD/CAM, (Siemens NX10.0 (Preferred), Vericut, Partmaker/Featurecam)
In return the successful Manufacturing Engineer will recieve a competitive salary plus excellent benefits package. This is an opportunity to join a brilliant employer at the forefront of their industry.