|Salary||£32k - 36k per year|
An exciting opportunity has arisen with my client. They are a successful Engineering company based near Bristol that are offering a stable and lucrative career in their facilty. They require a Manufacturing Engineer to develop and affect manufacturing solutions for their products.
The candidate will be responsible for :
- Understand the requirements of AS9100 quality system and the effect on manufacturing solutions.
- Provide manufacturing solutions to a cost and time effective plan.
- Construct process method operations sheet to include inspection, machining, heat treatment and finishes for manufacturing solutions using Syteline.
- To check the availability of all standard tooling and gauges and inspection equipment
- Provide working stage drawings (SKP) using Solid Works
- Provide CNC programs for CNC Machines, (Milling, Lathes, Mill-Turns & Wire cutting EDM), using SolidCam system.
- Prove out manufacturing methods on CNC Machines
- Maintain Kan-Ban and tool vending system to provide cutting tools and equipment
- Design jigs & fixtures to enable cost effective and efficient manufacturing processes.
- Provide working drawings using Solid works System to support fixture design.
- Prepare Bills of Materials (for make to print components) for Syteline system using customer drawing data.
- Understand the requirements and workings with health and safety legislation.
- Support contacts for customer Tenders, entailing the sources and pricing of materials goods & services, detailing manufacturing processes and times.
- Work alongside approved sub contract machinist to ensure there are no manufacturing or quality issues with products and set up mirrored production methods where projects deem it necessary.
- Support the supply chain function
- Lead the installation, commission and acceptance of new capital expenditure.
- Strive to improve current manufacturing processes, fixtures, and tooling under continuous improvement through traditional and innovative methods.
- Knowledge & Ability Required
- Degree level or equivalent in relevant engineering discipline.
- Extensive knowledge of machining processes (Mazatrol operating system would be especially useful)
- Extensive knowledge and experience of SolidCam CAM system.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Solidworks 3D CAD Design software.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the practical application of Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement techniques, including 5’s, 7 Wastes, 7 Quality tools, TPM and Statistical Process Capability.
- A team player with the ability to work on own initiative, and able to influence others by demonstrating a positive “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work at pace in a multi-project environment.
- Computer literate with an understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and MS Project.
- Good communicator at all levels.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Able to obtain a UK SC clearance.
The successful candidate for the Maufacturing Engineer will desirably have, or will be able to develop:
- Knowledge and understanding of the challenges of technology development, new product development and new product introduction projects.
- Familiarity with multinational projects subject to US ITAR and UK export legislation
- Experience in the use of industrial MRP, MRP-II or ERP tools; ideally Syteline
- Flexibilty of availabiluty as the role may require the successful candidate to work occasional shifts when required.
The benefits of working for this company are:
- They offer competitive rates of pay.
- They offer job security and stability, as they have a sustainable client base.
- Potential career progression.
- They promote a positive, approachable and welcoming culture throughout the company.
For further details, please contact Paul Furlong by email on firstname.lastname@example.org – or by phone on 01453 829 789.
Omega Resource Group are an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors. We are always seeking Engineering Staff, Senior Managers, Skilled and Semi-Skilled Machinists, Mechanical Fitters, Electrical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Materials Science Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Electronics Engineers, Test Technicians, Technical Authors, Electricians and Laboratory Technicians to name but a few. For more details visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk.
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.