|Location||Bristol, Bristol, England|
|Salary||£32000 - £36000|
An exciting opportunity has arisen with my client. They are a successful Engineering company based near Bristol that are offering a stable and lucrative career in their facilty. They require a Manufacturing Engineer to develop and affect manufacturing solutions for their products.
The candidate will be responsible for :
- Understand the requirements of AS9100 quality system and the effect on manufacturing solutions.
- Provide manufacturing solutions to a cost and time effective plan.
- Construct process method operations sheet to include inspection, machining, heat treatment and finishes for manufacturing solutions using Syteline.
- To check the availability of all standard tooling and gauges and inspection equipment
- Provide working stage drawings (SKP) using Solid Works
- Provide CNC programs for CNC Machines, (Milling, Lathes, Mill-Turns & Wire cutting EDM), using SolidCam system.
- Prove out manufacturing methods on CNC Machines
- Maintain Kan-Ban and tool vending system to provide cutting tools and equipment
- Design jigs & fixtures to enable cost effective and efficient manufacturing processes.
- Provide working drawings using Solid works System to support fixture design.
- Prepare Bills of Materials (for make to print components) for Syteline system using customer drawing data.
- Understand the requirements and workings with health and safety legislation.
- Support contacts for customer Tenders, entailing the sources and pricing of materials goods & services, detailing manufacturing processes and times.
- Work alongside approved sub contract machinist to ensure there are no manufacturing or quality issues with products and set up mirrored production methods where projects deem it necessary.
- Support the supply chain function
- Lead the installation, commission and acceptance of new capital expenditure.
- Strive to improve current manufacturing processes, fixtures, and tooling under continuous improvement through traditional and innovative methods.
- Knowledge & Ability Required
- Degree level or equivalent in relevant engineering discipline.
- Extensive knowledge of machining processes (Mazatrol operating system would be especially useful)
- Extensive knowledge and experience of SolidCam CAM system.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Solidworks 3D CAD Design software.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the practical application of Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement techniques, including 5’s, 7 Wastes, 7 Quality tools, TPM and Statistical Process Capability.
- A team player with the ability to work on own initiative, and able to influence others by demonstrating a positive “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work at pace in a multi-project environment.
- Computer literate with an understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and MS Project.
- Good communicator at all levels.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Able to obtain a UK SC clearance.
The successful candidate for the Maufacturing Engineer will desirably have, or will be able to develop:
- Knowledge and understanding of the challenges of technology development, new product development and new product introduction projects.
- Familiarity with multinational projects subject to US ITAR and UK export legislation
- Experience in the use of industrial MRP, MRP-II or ERP tools; ideally Syteline
- Flexibilty of availabiluty as the role may require the successful candidate to work occasional shifts when required.
The benefits of working for this company are:
- They offer competitive rates of pay.
- They offer job security and stability, as they have a sustainable client base.
- Potential career progression.
- They promote a positive, approachable and welcoming culture throughout the company.
For further details, please contact Paul Furlong by email on email@example.com – or by phone on 01453 829 789.
Omega Resource Group are an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors. We are always seeking Engineering Staff, Senior Managers, Skilled and Semi-Skilled Machinists, Mechanical Fitters, Electrical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Materials Science Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Electronics Engineers, Test Technicians, Technical Authors, Electricians and Laboratory Technicians to name but a few. For more details visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk.