Our client is an established manufacturer of precision components based in the Reading area. They are currently recruiting a manual machinist with experience of setting and operation of centre lathes for the manufacture of precision components. The successful manual machinist will join a small manufacturing team on a permanent basis in a days based role.
Manual Machinist responsibilities
- Setting and operation of manual lathes/centre lathes
- Change/replace tooling
- Follow engineering drawings/ Work to specifications
- Self inspection of manufactured components
- Use a range of precision gauges
- Carry out bench work when required
- Work to the business needs when required
Experience and Qualifications of Manual Machinist
- Relevant engineering based apprenticeship (beneficial)
- Manual Machinising experience
- Experience within a precision engineering environment
- Strong team ethic
What's on offer
This is an opportunity to join an established engineering business manufacturing components for a variety of industries. The successful Manual Machinist will join our client in a days role on a permanent basis. The role is remunerated with a competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package. Start 2022 with a new challenge, apply today.