|Salary||£32k - 34k per year|
£32,000 - £34,000
Our client a national fleet company are seeking a maintenance controller to join their team in their Birmingham office, previous experience as a vehicle technician will be essential.
- Confer with the supply networks and customers to authorise repairs to customer vehicles, giving expert opinion on cost, fix and solutions
- Maintain an awareness of customer specific parameters
- Manage all aspects of cost control of each job
- Manage all aspects of clients vehicle down time
- Source non original-equipment parts for cost effectiveness if necessary
- Keep accurate and comprehensive notes
- Gather evidence, validate information; challenging if appropriate
- Support customer service areas of the call centre as required
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Training
- Qualifications in heavy vehicle maintenance at or above NVQ Level 3 or equivalent essential
- Thorough understanding of compliance regulations relating to heavy goods vehicles and the ability to interpret all related documents accurately
- Must be adept in the use of a PC, internet and email and able to grasp new software applications easily and quickly. Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook to an intermediate level
This role is suited for someone currently working as a maintenance controller or as a mechanic seeking to transition into an office environment.
If you have any questions regarding this role please contact Andy Haddon at Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01453 796617.