|Salary||£0 per year|
This is an excellent opportunity for a Machine Setter to join a reputable business in Gloucestershire on a permanent basis following an exceptionally busy period in the businesses history.
Overtime and contract opportunities.
Machine Setter Role
- Responsible for the setting, checking and calibration of all gauging equipment within a cell.
- Startup, re setting, running and shutdown of all machines in a cell, including fixtures, tooling (including ordering) and all work handling equipment.
- Training of operators within a cell and ensuring sign-off against training plans.
- Allocate daily tasks to operators within a cell to ensure output targets are achieved in line with quality and health and safety standards.
- Effective day by day communication to all operators within a cell with regard to output targets, performance, achievement against MOP’s, and issues affecting quality.
- Responsible for the generation, collation and publication of MOP’s data.
- Accountable for the quality of parts processed by ensuring that quality procedures are adhered to, and any quality problems are identified and reacted to promptly.
- Assist in the development and implementation of process improvement activities, including process control, scrap reduction and TQ activity.
- Responsible for ensuring effective material flow including the receipt, handling, storage and delivery of all materials to and from, and within a cell.
- Ensuring first line maintenance of all plant and machinery within a cell (including coolants and filtration).
- Supports the communicating to the organisation the importance of meeting customer as well as statutory and regulatory requirements
- Escalates any customer quality concern immediately upon identification, with their respective APU Quality team
Machine Setter attributes
- Self-motivated and have a strong and flexible attitude towards work
- Ability to stay calm in high stress situations
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Team Orientated
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadline when required
- The ability to prioritise and organise own workload
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical qualification
For more information regarding this role please call Michael Farrell 01453 829768 or to make an application apply online directly via firstname.lastname@example.org