Location – Bristol
Job title – Lead Controls Engineer (Infrequent international travel required)
My client is an industry leading specialist machine build company working primarily with automotive and aeronautical customers. They are currently looking for a Lead Controls Engineer with experience working with Siemens S7 in an automation environment to join their team working both on site in Bristol and occasionally worldwide across Europe, North America and Asia.
The role – Lead Controls Engineer
- Managing a small team of controls engineers.
- Working within budget constraints to ensure delivery of controls projects within a specified time period.
- Electrical control panel design & integration.
- PLC/HMI programming, primarily using Siemens Tia Portal (S7).
- Aiding in the entire design process of bespoke machinery all the way from the initial designs through to testing/fault-finding and finally the commissioning stage.
- Ensuring safety throughout all design and build phases through the use of risk assessments and a strong understanding of safety circuitry.
- Liaising with suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure all aspects of the controls projects are able to progress.
- Occasional international travel to aid in the commissioning of bespoke machinery.
The skills/experience – Lead Controls Engineer
- Qualified to HNC/HND (or equivalent) level in electrical/controls engineering or other relevant qualification.
- Advanced controls engineering skills including previous experience with Siemens Tia Portal (S7).
- PLC & HMI programming skills with experience in motion control/automation.
- Previous experience leading a team of engineers ideally in a controls environment.
- Comfortable with international travel when required to perform on-site commissioning.
What we can offer you – Lead Controls Engineer
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays.
- Company pension & Sick pay
- Annual performance based bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Core hours of 8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
- Onsite parking
For more information about the role please contact Henry on 01453 829793