|Salary||£19k - 25k per year|
Position: Junior Buyer
Salary: £19,000 - £25,000
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast paced manufacturing business in Ledbury as a Junior Buyer. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, this role will play a key role in ensuring the business has the right inventory at the right time. The Junior Buyer is responsible for assisting with the procurement of materials into the business, liaising with suppliers and keeping stakeholders updated.
- Raise purchase orders to suppliers from MRP system
- Expedite and reschedule open purchase orders to meet requirements.
- Process & record purchase order acknowledgements and amendments
- Deal with order queries, invoice queries, urgent requirements, providing forecast data etc.
- Communicate updates on incoming orders to internal stakeholders.
- Expediting overdue purchase order lines
- Manage the shared purchasing inbox, ensuring all emails are answered within a reasonable time frame.
- Input, update, and maintain supplier details on the computer system.
- Raise reject notes and returns notes, consolidating corrective actions of quality issues. Process warranty returns & rejects back to supplier.
- Support the Supply Chain Manager & Buyer in all departmental activities
- Experience of MRP systems desirable
- Previous experience in Purchasing desirable
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally & written.
- Be able to work well as part of a team, but also use their own initiative.
- Confident working in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Methodical with a strong attention to detail
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information, please call Daisy Smith on 01453 829769.