|Salary||£20000 - £22000|
Job Title: Junior Applications Engineer
Salary: circa £20,000 - £22,000
My client, an engineering company specialising in the design and integration of bespoke equipment is currently recruiting for a junior mechanical applications engineer to join them on a permanent basis
They are looking for an ambitious mechanical engineer at the start of their career in automation ideally with a design-based apprenticeship or degree and an interest in robotic automation. The role will be a mechanical systems concept design role working alongside our senior proposals engineer.
The role will require the following:
- Review customer requirement with sales engineer and senior proposals engineer
- Use AutoCAD to develop and sketch a concept solution that works within the customer’s physical, financial and production limitations
- Review concept with the engineering team to gain buy-in and support for the solution
- Liaise with suppliers to trial and prove off the concept solution
- Obtain costings for bought in equipment from trusted suppliers
- Work with the operations and purchasing team to collate costings for manufactured and machined components
- Discuss the projects with the installation manager to confirm estimated hours
- Attend site meetings occasionally with the sales engineers to gain a good understanding of equipment in industry
Experience in an industrial automation environment is preferable, however for the right candidate training will be provided. The key requirement for this role is an ambition to learn and develop skills and knowledge to drive their systems forward as a centre of excellence in the automation world. My client is working to develop a market leading concept and proposals team to be able to react to customer requirements with the best possible solutions in a timely and cost effective manner. Our aim is to bring together talented young engineers to thrive from each other’s support, learning and developing from the experience of our highly capable engineers.