|Job-type||Interim / Contract|
|Salary||£40000 - £45000|
Project Manager - IT
Location: Solihull however remote working is available
Salary: £40K - £45K FTC 6 month rolling
Fleet Maintenance Business
We have an exciting opportunity for a project manager will be one of the key members within the CIO programme team, driving the delivery and implementation forward whilst protecting the business for non-delivery in critical projects along with supporting any fail over/breaches of the Network. This is a senior role and will commonly involve reporting back to the CIO.
As a project manager you will have a lead role and responsibility for planning and managing small to large-sized projects that may significantly affect the organisation at all Levels within the company.
The project manager will likely be managing sections of large projects and will input into the project planning process as a member of a large project’s management team. Supervises the work of Project Manager 1s and other project staff and will work with external consultants to ensure deliverables.
The project manager will have defined management responsibilities for project team, function team, involving people, budget and planning. Has primary responsibility for meeting defined business goals as scoped by project objectives.
The project manager will have developed communication and diplomacy skills with a strong ability to persuade and influence client and stakeholder relationships. Will interface with 3rd party suppliers, which involves the agreement, planning, timelines and quality of deliverables.
- Demonstrable experience and capability to manage projects autonomously. Thorough understanding of concepts, procedures and application of project management and a good knowledge in other subjects or disciplines, which are relevant to the content of the project (e.g. six sigma, ITIL and network management processes).
- Evaluates, sometimes complex situations using multiple sources of information. Solution may require some new planning and resource elements but unless exceptional unlikely to be totally bespoke.
- Projects may involve a higher element of risk to business and require ability to use recognised project management methods and processes, depending on risk profile and governance needs.
- Is recognised as a key supplier in delivery of a client or internal business benefit.
- Must have proven ability to apply relationship management skills and to be able to build and own client and stakeholder relationships at senior (e.g. GM and above or prime external customer).
- Third party partners may have to managed in terms of selection, deliverables, timelines and budgets.
- Directs and manages on all elements of project and should guide Project Manager 1s.
- Might lead a team on a portfolio of “small” projects.
- Acts as lead change agent with ability to channel resources effectively internally developing better delivery practice or ability to identify the change impact on the organisation, identify stakeholders and manage relationships, risk and engagement to deliver the project’s outcomes successfully.
- Managing the daily operation and implementation of the IT Project programme
- Conducting a continuous assessment of current IT project management practices and systems and identifying areas for improvement
- Running project Implementation assessments
- Delivering new technology programme and implementing next generation solutions
- Overseeing the management of the delivery team giving leadership to the team and developing staff
- Ensuring compliance and governance is met
- Driving change projects and building new IT capabilities
- Developing and implementing business continuity plans to ensure service is continuous
- Protecting the intellectual property of the organisation at all times
- Reviewing he Governance of Projects to be the best business benefit achievable and business priority/compliance.
- Reviewing, analysing and delivering data information
- Communicating project updates to a range of stakeholders
- Managing the IT delivery budget within cost/time and quality
- Will have had four to seven years’ experience of leading projects
- Experienced delivery agent with specific experience of delivering to clients directly and delivery of significant products as part of major internal and/or client programmes.
- Experienced user of, and/or accredited in, a formal Project Management methodology such as Prince2, APMP, ITIL qualification, Risk Management Qualification or 6 Sigma.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of the latest IT thinking and threat modelling methods together with a creative drive, you could land yourself the job
- Change management and business process experience is ideal together with a proven track record of driving large-scale change programmes
- Experience of managing a team
For more information on the role please call Giles Churchill at Omega Resource group on 07966 971648