|Salary||£27000 - £30000|
My client is looking for an experienced HSE Specialist who has a strong background within busy manufacturing companies.
To develop, maintain and improve environmental health & safety standards within the organisation in accordance with current environmental health & safety legislation.
· Plan, Implement and coordinate strategic and practical safety programs. Incorporate best practice and leading research in to H&S planning.
· Collation and reporting of accident statistics for site. Ensure any incidents/accidents are fully investigated to root cause level and corrective actions implemented
· Manage OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001
· Drive continual improvement and best practice in all key health & safety tasks
· Ensure all legal requirements are met and where necessary liaise with appropriate authorities
· Actively promote a safety culture and awareness across Nottingham site
· Empower all levels of management and employees to use and follow health & safety tools and practices. Provide H&S refresher training to develop and maintain awareness
· Write and maintain EH&S policies
· Undertake and oversee risk assessment programs
· Provide leadership and expertise on all EH&S natters across the site
· Complete all appropriate reports in line with company requirements
· Handle all health & safety related insurance claims
· Lead committee meetings on H&S as well as Fire Wardens, First Aiders etc.
· Advise on all health & safety issues and legislative implications
· Drive a comprehensive Audit and Risk Assessment program
· Manage company security systems
· Ensure compliance of all EH&S issues
· Cover for lock up duties
· Other duties may have to be undertaken which will be determined by the Company, taking in to account the current level of responsibilities, experience and capabilities
- Health & Safety qualification – NEBOSH certificate
- Experience of implementation/maintaining of OHSAS 18001, ISO14001 and ISO9001
- Knowledge of current EH&S legislation
- Knowledge of building regulations, energy management and environmental
- Capable of acquiring and applying legal, technical and regulatory information
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Strong collaboration and team working skills
- IT Literate
- Driving License
- Experience in broad range of industries (Desirable)
- Electrical experience (Desirable)