|Location||Barnsley, Barnsley, England|
|Job-type||Interim / Contract|
A great British food company
Premier Foods is one of Britain’s biggest listed food companies, employing over 4,000 colleagues at 15 manufacturing sites and offices up and down the country.
Many of our brands have been part of UK life for more than a century and you’ll find them in 94% of British households.
Based in Carlton, Barnsley
6 Month Fixed Term Contract
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced HR Advisor to provide generalist day to day HR support to 840 colleagues, First Line Managers and Front Line Leaders across the Carlton site. The successful candidate will promote good employee relations, ensuring compliance with site practices and procedures, legislation and best practice. Liaison with the Occupational Health Advisor will be an integral part of this role.
- Provide full, generalist HR support to the Carlton site
- Coach and influence managers from a people perspective, developing their leadership and people management skills and constructively challenge any inappropriate behaviours/actions
- Advise and support managers on any people relations issues, including absence, capability, disciplinary and grievances
- Working with the HR Officer, deliver initiatives and support managers to develop a productive employee relations environment
- CIPD Level 5
- 3 years experience in an HR generalist role
- Experience in a labour intensive and unionised environment
- Good working knowledge of current employment law and HR best practice
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ideally, previous experience from a manufacturing background
- Ability to build and continuously develop effective teams
- Competitive salary
- Up to 7.5% pension
- Life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Wide range of online and in-house training
- Access to an employee discount scheme, with access to hundreds of nationwide retailers
Premier Food's much-loved brands include Mr Kipling, Cadbury, Bisto, Batchelors, Ambrosia, Sharwood’s, Oxo, Loyd Grossman, Homepride and McDougall’s, with some supported by our strategic partnerships with Mondelez and Nissin.
For more information about the role, or to make an application, please contact Daisy Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01453 829769.