|Salary||£34,769 - 38,245 per year + no call outs no weekend work,|
Salary: £34769 plus 10 % bonus bonus totalling up to £38245 per annum, no call outs , no weekend work.
Working week: 41.5 hour week you are expected to work rotating shifts 8:00 am to 5:15 pm week 1 and week 2 8:45 am to 6:00 pm.
We are currently looking to recruit Commercial Vehicle Technician to join workshop based in Southampton. The appropriate HGV technician will perform a full range of inspections, MOT preparations, diagnosis, service, maintenance and repair on a range of light commercial vehicles, trailers and mechanical equipment and HGVs.
Successful candidates must be fully qualified to at least IMI Level 3 in Light or Heavy vehicle maintenance & repair or an equivalent qualification and have proven experience of working on a wide range of light commercial vehicles.
Role & Responsibilities
- Inspections, MOT Preparations, diagnosis, service, maintenance and repair procedures on a range of commercial vehicles, trailers and mechanical equipment
- Electrical, mechanical and hydraulic fault diagnosis, repair and installation
- Setting and operating of machine tools and equipment
- Department of Transport (MOT) testing duties (if approved tester)
- Support workshops team members including Apprentice Technicians as required.
- Accurately record time to complete jobs and associated details
- Use of skills and performance of other work within normal grade/job skills as required by the Workshop Supervisor to maximise workshop efficiency
- May occasionally have to deal directly with customers.
Skills & Experience Required
- IMI Level 3 in Light or Heavy vehicle maintenance & repair or an equivalent qualification
- Strong customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work within given timeframes
- Ability to tackle all aspects of vehicle repair and servicing.
- Diagnostics skills.
If you think this is appropriate opportunity please email your CV to email@example.com or contact Marta on 01453 852 542