|Salary||£35k - 37k per year|
Role: Heat Treatment Technician
This is an excellent opportunity for an Assembly & Test Technician to join a market leading engineering business in Tewkesbury.
As a Heat Treatment Technician, you will provide special processing support by processing components to the technical requirements of NADCAP accreditation, within an agreed time. You will operate traditional treatment, carburising, and nitriding furnaces to obtain required temperatures for production and heat-treating operations of both military and commercial components.
- Work in modern and clean heat treatment area, being involved in a range of tasks including supporting loading/unloading furnace loads using the correct tooling and fixturing that will be designed and improved by the technical lead
- Being responsible for health and safety requirements in heat treatments including - risk assessments, writing procedures, enforcing safe working practices and driving continuous improvements
- Operating within a busy processing area maintaining high standards of quality necessary to meet customer demand
- Proven history of lean principles that can be used with continuous improvement initiatives
- Quality – Adherence to all relevant heat treatment quality standards and have a working knowledge of them
- Able to work on own initiative as the technical lead for the area responsibility of the smooth and safe running of the department
- The ability to follow technical documentation including standard operating procedures, data-cards, process specifications, reports and data logging.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Must have heat treatment operational experience
- Experience of NADCAP operation
- Proven history of carrying out quality checks
- Proven history of standard operating procedures relevant to heat treatment
- Maintain the high standard of cleanliness in the area
- Have an understanding of batch control for traceability and audit purpose
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated performance in Continuous Improvement
- Hardness & tensile testing experience advantageous
For further details, please contact Nick Sollis – 01453 829767 or email your cv [email protected]
Omega Resource Group are an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors.
We are always seeking Engineering Staff, Senior Managers, Skilled and Semi-Skilled Machinists, Mechanical Fitters, Electrical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Design Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Electronics Engineers, Test Technicians and Laboratory Technicians to name but a few.
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.