Role: Head of Facilities Projects
Location: Yeovil (with flexible working)
Industry: Facilities Management
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Head of Facilities or Facilities Manager to join one of the UK's leading defence businesses. The role of the Head of Facilities Projects is to define, agree, justify and deliver Infrastructure projects in the UK. You will manage a team of internal and external facilities projects specialists, to deliver the approved infrastructure projects and act as the Civil Engineering subject matter expert advising the business in relation to Civil Engineering matters.
- Jointly responsible with the Divisional management teams for the development and delivery of the UK infrastructure strategy in accordance with corporate requirements, including ensuring adequate resources are in place and budgeted.
- Lead the generation, approval and management of a rolling 5 year infrastructure capital investment plan that captures the business investment needs for Mandatory, Maintenance and Strategic projects required to provide compliance and support the achievement of the Divisional business objectives.
- Coordinate the infrastructure capital investment plan to ensure minimum business disruption and maximum value for money.
- Drive strategic and tactical development of the infrastructure improvement plan whilst taking into consideration the human and operational needs of the facilities occupants along with the intended use of buildings.
- Accountable for the definition and delivery of all infrastructure development technical deliverables providing technical assurance and oversight for entire projects in the civil engineering discipline. This includes technical assurance during the design, construction and early operational phases under the CDM 2015 regulations.
Project Management Office (PMO)
- Ownership of the LGS UK Facilities Projects management system. You are responsible for the development and implementation of the LDO UK Facilities Projects Management systems in accordance with the LDO UK standardised management approach.
- Collecting, collating and reporting Facilities Projects management data to Divisional management teams and Leonardo Corporate.
- Development and implementation of LDO UK Facilities Projects objectives and targets to drive continual improvement.
- Responsible for ensuring the Facilities Project Management Office (PMO) function and processes are successfully implemented and maintained across the business.
- Have responsibility for tracking and managing all infrastructure projects and initiatives throughout the UK estate.
- Have responsibility for financial/budget management and forecasting for infrastructure development projects.
- Lead the inspection of building structures to determine the need for repairs and/or refurbishments.
- Responsible for ensuring that facilities projects contractors working on the LDO UK sites are appropriately qualified and supervised to ensure projects are safely and successfully delivered to the agreed cost, schedule and quality criteria.
- Ensure the delivery of infrastructure projects in accordance with Project Management best principles.
- Responsible for ensuring infrastructure project proposals are market tested and competitively priced ensuring best value.
- Responsible for ensuring all infrastructure projects are properly contracted & administered in line with best industry practice.
- Responsible for ensuring that all infrastructure projects are compliant with building regulations and all other applicable legislation including CDM 2015.
- Educated to degree level or HNC level with extensive relevant work experience in a construction project management environment.
- Hold or be working towards becoming professionally qualified as a chartered civil engineer.
- Hold NEBOSH General and Construction certificate qualifications with supporting evidence to demonstrate the application of knowledge within the construction environment (Construction, Design & Management Regulations (CDM) 2015).
- Project Management qualification (APM) or equivalent.
- Fully conversant with Construction Management processes and procedures (CDM).
- Facilitation skills (to support delivery of activities)
- Negotiation skills (to engage with suppliers to deliver the required outcomes)
For more information about the role, or to make an application, please contact Daisy Smith at email@example.com or 01453 829769.