|Salary||£55000 - £60000|
Position: General Manager
Job type: Permanent, Fixed term contract or interim options
Benefits: Company car, health insurance
My client an industry leading manufacturer based in the Gloucester area is looking for a General Manager with engineering experience. Based from the company’s Gloucester headquarters the core purpose of the role will be to direct and control the company’s operations and to give strategic guidance and direction to the board to ensure that the company achieves its objectives.
- Oversee the day to day running of the company and ensure the recruitment and retention of the required numbers and types of well-motivated, trained and developed staff to ensure that it achieves its objectives.
- Prepare a corporate plan and annual business plan and monitor progress against these plans to ensure that the company attains its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Lead the business through the current period of uncertainty due to the Covid pandemic.
- Develop and set performance objectives and targets for the management team in line with the company objectives.
- Full responsibility for Profit and Loss Account.
- Drive modernisation of manufacturing methods.
- Lead improvements in efficiencies, lead times, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Provide leadership and development to management team to enable improvements in business culture and operational performance.
- Devise and deliver growth strategies.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to the board, to keep them aware of developments within the industry and ensure that the appropriate policies are developed to meet the company’s objectives and to comply with all relevant statutory and other regulations. Keep the board updated on the company’s position through regular, relevant and timely reporting.
- Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with major customers, relevant government departments and agencies, local authorities, key decision-makers and other stakeholders generally, to exchange information and views and to ensure that the company is providing the appropriate range and quality of services.
- Develop and maintain research and development programmes to ensure that the company remains at the forefront in the industry, applies the most cost-effective methods and approaches, provides leading-edge products and services and retains its competitive edge.
- Prepare, gain acceptance, and monitor the implementation of the annual budget to ensure that budget targets are met, that revenue flows are maximised and that fixed costs are minimised.
- Develop and maintain an effective sales strategy to promote the products, services and image of the company in the wider community.
- Represent the company in negotiations with customers, suppliers, government departments and other key contacts to secure for it the most effective contract terms.
- Develop and maintain systems throughout the company to ensure that the best possible products and services are provided to customers, ahead of their expectations.
- Develop, promote and direct the implementation of equal opportunities policies in all aspects of the company’s work.
- Oversee the preparation of the annual report and accounts of the company and ensure their approval by the board.
- Develop and direct the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that the company complies with all health and safety and other statutory regulations, maintaining and improving the company’s excellent performance.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
The role requires:
- A proven record of success in senior level general or commercial management, preferably in a related industry.
- At least 10 years’ senior level experience of management of people and resources.
- Graduate level of intellect preferably with an engineering degree.
- A wide knowledge of the industry.
- An understanding of financial management and wider management principles and techniques.
- Political and presentational skills with an appreciation of the demands of conflicting interests and of meeting statutory requirements.
- A very high level of commercial awareness.
- Strong numeracy.
- Leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
For further details, please contact Kris Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 01453 829535
Omega Resource Group is an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors.
We are always seeking Engineering Staff, Senior Managers, Skilled and Semi-Skilled Machinists, Mechanical Fitters, Electrical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Materials Science Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Electronics Engineers, Test Technicians, Technical Authors, Electricians and Laboratory Technicians to name but a few.
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk