|Salary||£45000 - £49000|
One of Omega's most valued customers seek an FPGA / Firmware Engineer to join their remote site in the Cumbria region.
This is an exclusive opportunity, to join a team who operate in a niche industry across multiple disciplines within mechanical and electronic hardware, embedded software, and application software.
Responsibilities in the role:
- Development of firmware abilities within the team
- Firmware Design to form part of a multichannel analogue and digital signal sampling system required to operate in real time
- VHDL for FPGA design, including simulation, test benches, synthesis, timing closure and ChipScope
- Work with software and hardware interfaces, and use appropriate diagnostic tools and test and measurement equipment to resolve issues, working with other team members as necessary.
- A structured and proactive approach is required to requirements generation, configuration control and documentation of all code and modules.
Requirements of the candidate:
- Degree in relevant field is highly desirable as well as demonstrable experience of the above
- FPGA experience will ideally be with Xilinx devices, including Spartan, Virtex and Zynq families, using ISE and Vivado Tools
- Proficiency is required with standard communications protocols (UARTS, SPI, I2C, TCP/IP, UDP etc)
Omega Resource Group are acting as the employment agent for this position, and for more details please apply or visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk to view more.