|Salary||£26k - 32k per year|
Job Title: Food Specifications Technologist
Job Type: Fixed Term
Duration: 12 Months
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Barnsley
Rate: £26,000 to £32,000 per annum
Profile – Food Specifications Technologist
Our client is a leading figurehead in the UK food sector, with an unparalleled pedigree dating back to the early 18th century. They are currently seeking a Food Specifications Technologist to join their team.
Job Role – Food Specifications Technologist
Reporting to the Senior Specification Technologist, the Specifications Technologist shall write and maintain specifications for products supplied and produced by the company. Responsibility for generating pack copy data and reviewing artwork to ensure that the pack information is accurate.
Duties – Food Specifications Technologist
• Ensure all necessary information is presented in a format to enable the generation of a finished product specifications and product labels which meets with all relevant legislation.
• Create specifications for retailers, foodservice, B2B and branded products and ensure all data is correct and accurate.
• Process, check and approve specifications.
• Ensure all necessary and accurate legislative information is incorporated into the specifications, ensure compliance to customer policies for own label products and internal polices for branded products.
• Ensure all necessary information is presented in a pack copy format to enable the generation of a product label which meets with all relevant legislation.
• Understand, maintain, and develop knowledge of retailer/foodservice plus other customer requirements to enable maintenance of customer specifications on their chosen systems/portals.
• Liaise with Technical, Procurement, Regulatory, R&D, Technical Account Managers, Marketing and Project Managers to ensure products are compliant and that the correct data is used to complete customer and branded specifications.
• Checking of artwork to ensure that it is compliant, correct, and reflective of the specification.
• Answering enquiries relating to the products managed including allergen, ingredient, and nutritional information.
• Working with the manufacturing sites to ensure product and process knowledge is maintained as well as ensuring that all documentation required for specification purposes such as HACCP documentation and analytical information is provided in a timely manner.
• Answering enquiries and provide technical information for ingredient specifications including allergen, country of origin, shelf life, and nutritional information, etc.
• Provision of reports and completion of questionnaires and databases as and when required.
Experience/Qualifications – Project Manager
• Experience specification writing
• Food Science/Technology Degree/Qualification
Candidates who are currently a Specifications Specialist, Food Technologist, Home Economist, Technologist and Specifications Technologist.
To make an application for this role please submit your CV to mark.dav[email protected] or for more information call 01453829529.
For details of other opportunities available within your chose field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.