Finance Controller/Finance Business Partner
FC, Financial Business Partner, Senior Management Accountant
The client manufactures, supplies, installs and services specialist bathing, patient handling and lifting systems for the disabled and elderly. They have a 28 year track record as a market leader in our field, growing well and with ambition to continue the growth process.
The Financial Controller’s role is a key part of the leadership team and has overall responsibility for all financial aspects of the company and to manage the staff performing financial activities. The FC will partner with the MD to steer the business through the future growth cycles and be ready to grow with the business.
Main functions and responsibilities
- Drive the financial health of the company
- Monitor the operational profitability and recommend areas for improvement to the leadership team.
- Cash management
- Partner with the MD to steer the growth of Astor-Bannerman
- Develop the finance processes to continuously improve our ways of working with specific emphasis on the improvement of SAP B1
- Keep control the company finances and report monthly and as required on orders, revenue and profit
- Work with the bank and external finance third parties as required
- Reporting and accounting as per regulatory and legal requirements including taxation, dividends, annual reports, management and control accounts.
- Management of the finance team: motivation, training, recruitment, and selection.
- Contributing to strategic planning and development of Astor Bannerman with the MD and leadership team.
- Preparation of annual budget and monthly variance reporting/analysis in the management pack.
- Review of aged debtors and authorisation of customer credit limits.
- Cash flow management, payment authorisation and payroll supervision.
- Ensure open and effective communication at all levels between accounting and all other departments.
- Point of contact for auditors, banks, IT support, leasing providers and insurance.
- To manage and have overall responsibility for all utilities functions.
- To manage and have overall responsibility for all vehicle fleet functions.
- Calculation and payment of commissions to area sales managers.
- Implementation and maintenance of appropriate systems and internal controls.
- Ensure effective cross cover within the accounts department.
- Work closely with:
- Customer Services
- Leadership team
The ideal candidate will be fully qualified (eg ACCA/ CIMA etc) and have experience applying theoretical learning in a previous manufacturing organisation.
- Self-starter and quick learner
- Strong people management skills.
- Driven by continuous improvement of your team and the processes to deliver
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
- Confident and dynamic personality.
- A team player who is also comfortable working alone.
- Organised and competent administrator.
The successful candidate must have a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
For more information on this exciting role please call Giles Churchill at Omega Resource Group on 01453 829794 or 07966 971648
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.