|Salary||£37000 - £40000|
Role - Commissioning and Service Engineer
Hours – 37.5
Location – Home Based
This position will primarily be regional but will require some UK wide travel.
The Commissioning and Service Engineer is responsible for the installation, service and repair of a range of manufacutring and production equipment.
- Involved in the delivery of capital equipment projects through commissioning phase in the factory to installation and commissioning at customer site
- Service and maintenance work of equipment at customer sites
- Delivery of training to customers
- Responsible for project success working as part of a project team.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all work completed.
- Support manufacture in the mechanical and electrical build process
- Lead Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) in the factory with customer in attendance.
- Lead team of engineers in the installation of capital equipment on customer site
- Commission equipment at customer site
- Train customer in safe operating procedures for equipment
- Maintain customer equipment during routine service visits
- Attend customer site during breakdown and identify cost effective solutions
- Produce accurate maintenance reports including recommendations for continuous improvement of system design
- Provide high quality post-sales technical support to customer.
- 3-5 recent years’ experience servicing and commissioning complex automated product handing systems
- Mechanical and electrical diagnosis experience
- Engineering qualification – ONC level or equivalent
- PLC programs fault finding.
- Experience of Siemens S7, Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000 or Allen Bradley Studio 5000 software packages.
- Experience of managing customer expectations at customer sites
- Experience of delivering training on customer sites
- Experience of Fanuc Robot programming and commissioning experience (desirable)
- Ability to efficiently organise and plan work tasks to meet company goals.
- Ability to manage customer problems while remaining professional and acting with integrity
- Creative problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills and a high level of numeracy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team working skills, with an ability to motivate others and to lead or manage teams
- Excellent customer care skills and good commercial awareness
- Travel as required by the business to support customer needs.
For further details, please contact Nick Sollis – 01453 829767 or email your cv email@example.com
Omega Resource Group are an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors.
We are always seeking Engineering Staff, Senior Managers, Skilled and Semi-Skilled Machinists, Mechanical Fitters, Electrical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Materials Science Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Electronics Engineers, Test Technicians, Technical Authors and Laboratory Technicians to name but a few.
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk