|Salary||£32000 - £45000|
Service Engineer (International Travel)
UK base located in Gloucestershire
Our client are a manufacturing company that provide bespoke machinery around the world seeking a service technician to join their growing team. This role will include extensive international travel.
The position involves the setting and testing of capital equipment prior to despatch, commissioning in our customer’s overseas factories and the training of operator and maintenance personnel in the use of our equipment.
- Setting and Testing of the machinery
- Final testing and assembly of machinery in preparation of inspection and despatch.
- Installation and Commissioning.
- Training of customer’s staff at various levels at both the UK site and customer’s overseas premises.
- Report writing and recommendations following all visits.
- Liaise with Sales, Production and Design.
- Extensive Worldwide travel including weekend work & travel where required.
- To ensure that all relevant documentation is always completed accurately.
- To identify opportunities for process, productivity and quality improvements by highlighting issues to management.
- To adhere to and always apply all workplace management and rules consistently.
- To actively participate in improvement projects as required.
- Develop effective relationships with all internal and external stakeholder, customers and suppliers to ensure best outcomes for the company.
- You may also be required to undertake additional tasks or duties from time to time and which are reasonably within your capabilities.
- Must have completed a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship. ONC or HNC in Engineering would be advantage.
- Mechanically based skillset with a proven track record of mechanical assembly and fault diagnosis.
- Able to use measuring equipment such as Micrometre and Vernier callipers with an attention to detail.
- Able to read and interpret mechanical assembly drawings.
- Able to read and interpret pneumatic drawings and circuits.
- Fault find pneumatic circuits to component level.
- Basic understanding of electrical control circuits.
- Basic understanding of PLC Machine controls.
- Able to write concise informative reports and offer solutions to problems.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic and able to communicate at all levels.
- Must hold a valid passport and be willing to travel internationally and be very flexible in terms of working hours and travel.