|Salary||£22000 - £26000|
Competitive salary + benefits
This opportunity will suit practical, hands on candidates with solid electro-mechanical skills. Extrusion experience is desirable but not essential.
Initially working 4 of 4 off 12 hour days then moving to continental shifts in order to support a 24 hour operation once the site is established.
The prospective employer is an exciting new and innovative business, manufacturing extruded sheet using the highest levels of recycled plastics possible. They have invested in the industries highest standard of extrusion equipment and built a state-of-the-art premises in the heart of the Forest of Dean.
Your main duties will include:
- Start up, setting, operation and Shut Down of extrusion line
- Monitor and maintain quality in accordance with specification.
- Recording of quality checks
- Help to achieve optimum production.
- Ensure product scrap kept to a minimum.
- Follow and understand operating procedures and setting sheets
- Maintain a clean and tidy workplace and good housekeeping within the department.
- Movement of materials and finished goods with Fork Lift
- Packaging of finished goods
Qualifications and experience:
- GCSE's in English language, mathematics and either a science or technology subject.
- An IT qualification in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Forklift licence.
The following skills and attitude to work are required:
- Extrusion experience preferable but not essential.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction
- Hands on - good practical use of tools, measuring equipment and other devices
- Enthusiastic approach to learning new skills
- Shift work across day and night shifts.
- From time to time the Company will require you to perform a reasonable amount of work outside your normal hours which is classed as additional overtime, and dependant on the needs of the business. Overtime work is paid at enhanced rates of pay according to the duration.
For more information regarding this role please call Tobias Patterson on 01453 852 552 or send a CV to