|Salary||£44.5k - 45k per year|
Position - Engines Design Engineer
Location - Yeovil
Salary - £45,000
Our client are a leading supplier within defence and security equipment within aviation and aircrafts.
As Fuel Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring the achievement of the Airframe Systems D&D objectives of designing, developing and certifying Fuel system installations.
- Ensure the achievement of the Airframe Systems D&D primary objectives with respect to the hardware under the responsibility of the Fuel System Group, i.e. fuel storage, fuel distribution, fuel venting, drains, fuel indications and refuelling / defueling provisions including kits.
- Define the interface requirements that have an input into the other Fuel systems Groups and ensure that the interface requirements defined by the other Fuel systems Groups are implemented.
- Ensure that the integration of the fuel system and associated control system onto the helicopter is optimized and in accordance with the fuel system specification.
- Ensure that the fuel system parameters and any associated data provided to the on-board instrumentation are consistent with the requirements defined by the fuel system supplier, and contribute to the definition of the most effective ways of presenting the data in order to optimize the man / machine interface.
- Produce the test procedures and test reports related to the hardware under the responsibility of the Fuel system Group.
- Produce flight test procedures and reports in order to verify fuel system behaviour when installed (i.e. installation losses, vibration, handling, cooling margins ... ).
- Provide specialist fuel systems support to contribute to the preparation of the static / fatigue test procedures / reports and analyses related to the hardware under the responsibility of the Fuel system Group.
- Provide specialist fuel systems support to contribute to the definition of rotorcraft flight manuals and aircraft.
- Manage external supplier / vendor technical activities.
- Demonstrate fulfilment of regulations and be able to discuss them with Authority (Civil and Military}.
- Provide specialist fuel systems support to all Fuel systems Departments and other Directorates.
- Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace/Aeronautical Fuel systems.
- Familiar in the development process of civil aircraft and systems with an emphasis on safety aspects in accordance with the ARP4754 “Guidelines for Development of Civil Aircraft and Systems”.
- Familiar in the aeronautical applicable Environmental Conditions and Test Procedures for Airborne Equipment (i.e. RTCA/DO-160).
- Familiar (or better if expert) in fuel system design and development.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Project and planning concept.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge of Dassault CATIA V5/ENOVIA environment.
- Knowledge of Matlab or other simulation analytical SW tools is welcome.
- Flexible mind set to cope with changing priorities, multi-tasking activities and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Good problem solving skills with a systemic approach and to make basic technical decisions.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in cross-functional team environments.
For more information please apply or contact Grady Izatt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01453 829 532.
("aircraft" or "aerospace" or "Design" or "engineer" or "CATIA")