|£30k - 32k per year
Shift : Day shift
Excellent package & great working environment
An exciting opportunity has arisen with my client. They are a world-renowned engineering business. They are looking for a Quality Inspector to join their expanding team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Carrying out Central & Goods Inwards Inspection activities. This will include, but is not limited to, product and process audits, supporting ongoing continuous improvement activities throughout the business, development of a team culture within the inspection functions, and across the business.The post requires a working knowledge of best practice metrology processes.
Duties and responsibilties:
1) Carry out inspection of First-off items and supplied goods using a combination of manual gauging, CMM and surface testing equipment.
2) Carry out in-process inspection audits and provide constructive feedback to machine shop and assembly staff.
3) Monitor the use and condition of in-process and central inspection gauging. Ensuring that gauging is returned for calibration in-line with the calibration schedule.
4) Liaise with the Manufacturing Engineering team during process development to ensure that inspection requirements/methods are captured at the earliest possible stage of process definition.
5) Utilise MSA and SPC as the basis for driving on-going process improvements.
6) Undertake training on inspection processes and equipment where necessary.
7) Support Engineering with new product and new process introductions.
8) Support the implementation and subsequently maintain systems and procedures to ensure continuing compliance with the AS: EN 9100, ISO 9001 Quality Management system and PED directive requirement and any project specific Quality requirements.
10) Support the review of Final and stage drawings prior to release into production.
11) Review areas of concern for continuous improvement activities.
12) Ensure all documentation is accurately maintained and archived to aid product traceability.
Knowledge & abilty required:
- knowledge of ISO9001:2008 (AS9100:2009 experience preferred).
- Extensive knowledge of metrology processes.
- knowledge and experience of CMM systems (VDMIS, Camio).
- Knowledge and experience and ability to read and understand Engineering drawings (including geometric tolerancing).
- A team player with the ability to work on own initiative, and able to influence others by demonstrating a positive “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work at pace in a multi-project environment
- Computer literate with an understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and MS Project.
- Good communicator at all levels.
- Able to obtain a UK SC clearance
The post holder will desirably have, or will be able to develop
- Experience in the use of industrial MRP, MRP-II or ERP tools; ideally Syteline
What we can offer
- They offer attractive rates of pay.
- 33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Health cover
- Strong overtime rates
- Potential career progression
- They promote a positive, approachable and welcoming culture throughout the company.
For further details, please contact Paul Furlong by email on [email protected] – or by phone on 01453 829 789.
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Omega Resource Group is an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors.
Candidates who are currently a Goods in inspector, CNC Machinist or Metrology graduate may be suitable for this position
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.