|Newcastle upon Tyne
Engineering & Integration Manager
Newcastle Under Tyne Region
Biomass Power Generation
The role for an Energy Operator made up of over 70 companies that owns and operates assets across Europe. The group employs circa 25,000 people internationally, owns €16.7bn of assets, generating €8.6bn of revenue and an EBITDA of €2.1bn.
They are looking to recruit a Engineering and Integration Manager who will lead a multi-disciplinary team of engineers to provide advice, guidance, expertise, and support to all areas of plant generation. The Engineering and Integration Manager will work closely with the Maintenance Manager and Performance team to ensure the technical performance of plant at the Power Station and the Port of Tyne is optimised, whilst also ensuring statutory and regulatory compliance to ensure power generation continues.
- Continuously develop and improve the engineering strategy for the power generation complex, including life extension of critical existing infrastructure, to increase plant flexibility, efficiency, availability and reliability.
- Manage integration with major capital projects, adopting a systematic approach to technical risk identification, assessment, management and review. Ensure asset management tactics are developed and incorporated within existing systems for any capital project and new plant.
- Work with the Maintenance, Operations and Performance Departments to embed a philosophy of continuous improvement and maximising value.
- Ensure integration with the Engineering and Project departments, maintaining governance across the lifecycle of each project.
- Contribute to future development plans through the provision of expert knowledge to contribute to design of systems, structures, and ways of working.
- Proactive engagement of process safety management and continued compliance with process and functional safety standards.
- Operate within the departmental budget and continuously implement cost saving initiatives to reduce waste and ensure good cost management, contractor spend and opportunities to add value.
- Develop all aspects of capability for engineering, including core competencies, engineering guidance, standards and design reviews.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Manager to deliver asset integrity management for all critical equipment categories and assets, to maximise and maintain safe, reliable, and efficient unit generation.
- Maintain high levels of safety performance within the engineering team and plant, leading and demonstrating personal commitment to behavioural safety through own actions and attention.
- Collaborate with the EPUKI Engineering & Maintenance Managers Forum (EMMF) to share best practice and develop a company-wide network.
- Degree level qualification in a relevant engineering discipline (or equivalent).
- Chartered member of a relevant engineering institution
- Management qualification (desirable).
- Well-developed skills in programme and project management, design, and commissioning of engineering projects.
- Experience and skill in commercial negotiation.
- Skill in negotiating with and influencing key stakeholders and senior management.
- Data-driven and solution-oriented.
- A clear customer focus
- Power plant or process plant maintenance and engineering experience and knowledge.
- Knowledge of relevant operational, engineering and maintenance philosophies, technical and legal requirements.
- Commercial awareness and a good understanding of the electricity generation market.
- Understanding of environmental and safety legislation.
- Knowledge of Asset Management processes
- Knowledge of UK statutory/regulatory requirements including PSSR
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management
- Knowledge of Project Management processes
- Experience as a senior engineering manager in a medium or large-sized organisation, managing a team of multi-disciplined engineers.
- Experience of working in heavy industrial or engineering environments, and preferably in power-generation.
- Experience of building relationships and influencing at all levels of an organisation. Experience of leading and inspiring teams with the ability to positively influence the working culture across the business.
Health & Safety
- Exercise a duty of care for yourself and others and work within the standards, systems and processes for safety and environment set by the business.
- Always follow company policies and procedures.
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment.
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received.
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager.
- Ensure compliance with Company information security procedures in all activities.
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager.
- Report actual and suspected security incidents.
For more information please contact Giles Churchill at Omega Resource Group on 01453 829794 or 07966 971648
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.