|Salary||£60k - 70k per year|
Salary: £60k - £70k
Job type: Permanent
In a high volume, high precision manufacturing environment, the engineering and maintenance disciplines are core activities. This is a key role within the UK Operations Leadership Team, contributing to the development and implementation of organisational strategies, policies and practices. The job holder will lead the Engineering team, ensuring the right tactics and strategies are deployed to achieve our company goals and objectives
As Engineering manager, you are responsible for delivering the best and most appropriate engineering practices, high reliability across the business’s asset base and a first-class service function across the organisation.
Key performance areas:
• Cost management
• Contract Management
• Availability – Asset uptime
• Planned Preventative Maintenance compliance
• Inventory management
• MTBF/ MTTR
• Design, implement and continuously improve engineering strategies
• Conceive, research and develop engineering designs from product ideas generated in partnership with the production and sales teams to keep abreast of future market demands
• Produce information and prepare specifications for materials, components and materials
• Strengthen quality, safety and cost-effective manufacturing through new machine and process specifications
• Manage subcontractors and contracts relating to all aspects of Asset Care, inclusive of grounds maintenance and buildings maintenance
• Ensure plant, machinery, and general maintenance are delivered to ensure optimum safety and efficiency
• Develop and maintain Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) systems and records in support of ISO certification
• Keep accurate inventory of machinery consumables and spare parts
• Responsible for all engineering continuous improvement processes
• Establish Engineering Process and Design Standards
• Managing and directing the Engineering team, prioritising work assignments, training and development and resource availability
• Provide direction or assistance in the troubleshooting or optimizing manufacturing processes, controls, systems and equipment
• Provide leadership for validation required for new equipment, processes, or raw materials
• Participate and conduct formal and informal safety analysis and observations for all new and modified equipment and processes when applicable
• The role holder plays a vital role in diverse technical and engineering work. Various factors including product, materials, safety, quality, cost, legal requirements and ease of maintenance and use will need to be assessed. The consequence of any action taken, or advice given have a critical impact on the business and customer.
• Works with minimal supervision, taking personal responsibility for own actions and for the quality and accuracy of the work that is produced.
• Can effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
• Builds strong relationship across the wider team in order to share good practice, updates and learnings.
• As a manager in the business, expectation is that the role holder will act as an ambassador and example of company values and behaviours, supporting the cultural development of the organisation.
• Responsible for the support and development of team members via mechanisms such as appraisals, one to ones and personal development plans.
• Ensures personal and professional development is undertaken in order to allow team members to reach their potential as well as giving the business the required skills, knowledge and experience at all times (including talent management and succession planning)
• Identification, selection and provision of required equipment in partnership with the Engineering Projects Manager and Manufacturing Manager.
• All employees are responsible for the care and safekeeping of all company equipment as appropriate to their role.
• Issues requiring training and/or qualification not undertaken/held by the employee must be escalated to the correct person.
• Untrained/unqualified employees are forbidden from undertaking the use or maintenance of equipment.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Level 4/5 ILM qualification in leadership. Or equivalent
• Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
• Craft Apprenticeship (Electrical or Mechanical)
• Strong technical engineering background
• IOSH/ NEBOSH qualified
• Demonstrable background in building high performing teams
• Proven working knowledge and implementation of continuous improvement projects and activities
• Demonstrable experience of managing and creating a disciplined New Product Introduction (NPI) processes
• Previous experience of managing capital engineering projects
• Proven financial management experience (budget creation, forecasting and reporting)
• Excellent numeracy, literacy and IT skills (MS Office suite and MS Project)
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.