|Salary||£35000 - £40000|
Electronics/Electrical Design Engineer - Test Equipment
My client, a leading manufacturer, are currently recruiting for an Electronic/Electrical Design Engineer to join their thriving team in Tewkesbury. This is an opportunity to join an industry leading business who are both forward thinking and proactive which means we'll be looking for the same characteristics in you.
This exciting role will see the successful applicant facilitate the development; improvement; build support and commissioning of electro-hydraulic test equipment. The fundamentals of the role include writing software and the design of electronic control systems. The successful individual will be accountable for the entirety of project operations from complex design from specification through prototype design, build test and training for the operators.
- Support Technical Review for the deployment of electronic/ electrical solutions
- Demonstrate current knowledge and application of safety and industry standards and guidelines in the design and integration of electronic and electrical solutions
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of: top-level architecture, requirements definition, concept, design, verification & validation methods and final release for Test Systems
- Assist the Test Equipment Design Manager with the definition of electronic/ electrical solutions in the creation of detailed Test Equipment Proposals.
- Prepare and release documentation in support of the Test Equipment Common Development Process. This will include active participation at technical reviews with peers and Chief Engineers.
- Support Root Cause investigations into all aspects of the Test Equipment System and/ or components as required.
- Support the Test Equipment Design Manager with strategies for obsolescence management, maintenance and spares provision.
- Ensure all Health & Safety practices are followed and, any new issues raised during any work activities. Write or assist with the completion and review of work related Risk Assessments.
- Support internal and external Quality Audits of deployed Test Equipment solutions.
- Bachelor Degree, preferably a Masters, in a relevant Electronic/ Electrical subject area as a minimum.
- Minimum of 5 yrs experience in the development of Electronic/ electrical solutions for multi-axis, closed loop, servo-hydraulic and electromechanical Test Systems. Including the design, selection and application of Safety Related Equipment, PLCs and Motor Drive systems.
- Demonstrable commercial experience of analogue and digital electronics design. Particularly with application to closed loop control and transducer conditioning.
- Additional, recognised, qualifications in the application of Safety related Directives and Standards would be advantageous.
- Proficient in the use of diagnostic equipment to fault find electronic and electrical issues from first principles.
- Experience in one or more of the following: eCAD, PCB Software, LabView, DOORS, JIRA, MatLab and SubVersion is advantageous.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, VISO and Project.
- Knowledge of PC operating platforms (DOS/ Windows/ Microsoft Environments) and Low Level Programming (C++, Visual Basic)
The role is rewarded with a competive salary plus benefits package. For further information on this vacancy send your application today.