|Salary||£35000 - £45000|
Role - Electrical Systems Engineer
Location - Yeovil
As Electrical Systems Engineer you will carry out engineering activities for electrical systems on current and future platforms, including research. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading, well established engineering company.
The department is responsible for a broad range of electrical systems, as such the role has the scope for involvement with the following:
- Platform Electrical Power management and distribution systems.
- Platform lighting requirements (internal and external) including use of NVIS.
- Electrical panels and switches, including crew grips.
- Electrical Integration of Power Systems (engines).
- Anti Icing and Deicing systems.
- Electrical aspects of various utility systems (eg ECS, hydraulics, fuel)
Areas of responsibility:
- System architecture definition, design and analysis.
- Requirements capture, allocation, derivation, validation and verification.
- Preparation of technical specifications and other project documentation.
- Review of electrical design, including engineering drawings.
- Conduct presentations at technical design reviews.
- Preparation of test documentation and conduct integration testing.
- Participate in aircraft trials.
- Qualification and certification of equipment and systems.
- Technical management of external suppliers.
- Liaison with Customers, internal and external.
- Supporting bid activities with future Customers.
Skills & Requirements:
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering subject (Avionic, Electrical, Electronic, Aerospace Engineering) or scientific discipline.
- Proven background in developing electrical systems in an aerospace environment (civil or military).
- Specific in-depth knowledge and recent experience in the design, development, integration and qualification of electrical systems (civil or military).
- Knowledge and appreciation of the full Systems Engineering lifecycle and System Safety Analysis.
- Experience of avionics interface protocols, e.g. ARINC-429, MIL-STD-1553B, Ethernet/AFDX
- Experience of creating and editing systems documentation, e.g. Requirement Specifications, Interface Control Documents, Test Schedules/Reports, Safety Assessments, etc.
- Ability to communicate equally across multi-functional teams, and with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to take a proactive approach on your project, and in dealing with day to day tasks
- A further degree in engineering, with a preference towards electrical power and storage technology.
- Experience of aerospace engineering and operations.
- Experience of integration, qualification and certification of Electrical Power systems would be an advantage.
- Experience in the development of system architectures.
- Experience of simulation tools.
For further details, please contact Nick Sollis – 01453 829767 or email your cv email@example.com
Omega Resource Group are an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors.
We are always seeking Engineering Staff, Senior Managers, Skilled and Semi-Skilled Machinists, Mechanical Fitters, Electrical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Materials Science Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Electronics Engineers, Test Technicians, Technical Authors and Laboratory Technicians to name but a few.
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk