|£55k - 70k per year
Job Title: Software Engineer (Linux)
Job Type: Permanent
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Bristol or Stevenage
Rate: Circa £70,000, 14% Pension, Bonus Structure, Paid Overtime, Flexi Leave, Parental Benefits, Clear Progression/Development Opportunities!
Software Engineer (Linux) – Must be British Citizen or Dual UK National – BPSS Checks
A leading Defence and Space manufacturing organisation working to aid in supporting the protection of our nations.
Job Role – Software Engineer (Linux)
- Our client works on technology that is at the forefront of European missile system design, delivering safe, secure, and reliable products to our customers.
- They are looking for a capable, adaptable and inquisitive software engineer to join a dedicated team to develop middleware solutions.
- Their products require Linux Operating System (OS) migration, configuration and security solutions implementing, so a good experience of Linux is essential for this position.
- Working across multiple applications on both land and maritime projects in the systems software department, this role allows for involvement in many of the most sophisticated missile systems in the world, across multiple warfare domains, and provides a great opportunity for someone wanting to be involved in many differing areas of software.
- The client has Software Engineering (SE) University courses, created and delivered by software engineers to effectively manage and share key knowledge and skills to support your learning.
Duties – Software Engineer (Linux)
- Experience configuring, securing and maintaining Linux OSs (Redhat and/or Ubuntu) including Kernel configuration and Kernel test.
- A passion for software engineering, with the ability to innovate and think critically to solve complex software problems with a willingness to develop software skill either through on the job, or formal training.
- Knowledge of software design differences between Real-Time OSs and Hypervisors would be beneficial.
- Comfortable working with a team in a collaborative environment, communicating and contributing to design and implementation decisions, and supporting with integration.
- Experience in the development of software for Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) hardware and be comfortable working with target system hardware.
To make an application for this role please submit your CV to [email protected] or for more information call 07855196493.
For details of other opportunities available within your chose field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.