|£50k - 54k per year + 10% Bonus
Job Title: Days Engineering Maintenance Team Lead
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Stroud area
The client: Global packaging and FMCG manufactrurer
Reward: Up to £55k plus 10% Bonus and comprehensive bens package
Our client is a large multi-site and expanding FMCG packaging company with a large manufacturing site that is expanding. There is an immediate requirement for a days based based engineering team leader / co-ordnator to join an established team in a hands on leadership role.
This is a real opportunity to gain hand-on leadership of a high performing established craft team. You will be working with and leading a great team that has a good established culture. This is a real opportunity to become part of a successful, ambitious and fast-growing FMCG business.
As an Engineering Maintenance Team Lead, you will be tasked with running the everyday Engineering activity; you will be responsible for the work load of a small team Engineers in your team, with full autonomy, manging the changeovers as well as setting the world class reliability / PPM strategy in your area. You will also be responsible for the improvement projects and reliability of the line.
•Understand the site daily priorities / plans, direct and motivate their engineering shift team as required
* To manage, develop and a lead a small engineering team.
* To provide inspirational and motivational leadership
* Ability to effectively lead and engage teams through change management programmes
* To develop an efficient & effective Engineering support operation in line with the site plan
* To manage, develop and lead the maintenance delivery teams.
* You will Ensure that effective performance reviews take place, that measurement and review drive continuous improvement in technician and contractor performance
Role Requirements: Days Engineering Maintenance Team Lead
* Electrical/Mechanical bias or multi-skilled acceptable
* You must be experienced within FMCG or manufacturing process and packaging environments and used to a high-pressure environment.
* You must have a proven track record of successfully delivering training and up-skilling engineers towards world class standards
This is a great opportunity to join a site that has HUGE growth plans and the investment to aggressively improve their Engineering capacity in line with product demand. You have the autonomy to carryout CI projects and to take control of your area and use your ideas and knowledge to help this large site change the game.
•Liaise with both the Production Team Coordinators & On-Line Engineers to ensure correct level on communication across shifts
•Report and update the Production Management team and other stake holders regarding current breakdown status, impact and lead time to resolution
•Ensure delivery of the team’s planned maintenance (PM) work
Applicants should have : Days Engineering Maintenance Team Lead
•Approved Engineering or Mechanical apprentice (City & Guilds and National Certificate) Level 3 equivalent
•Understanding of problem-solving techniques; RCA, 5W
•Understanding of professional maintenance techniques; Predictive, Preventative, Condition based & Planned
What we can offer – Project Manager - Engineering
- Work at a world-class, award-winning sites
- Hybrid working potential but mainly onsite
- Global progression opportunities
- Company discount
- Exposure to a global family of employees
- Ongoing challenge, training, and development
- Excellent benefits package
You will join a thriving, growing and secure manufacturing business with a good pension, bonus, and life assurance with ongoing career development and progression opportunities.
Candidates who are currently a Senior Engineer, Maintenance Manager, Investment Manager, Engineering Manager, Mainteance supervisor, maintenance chargehand, Lead Engineer, Senior maintenance engineer and any equivalent background will be suitable for the role.
Techsearch is acting as an Employment Agency for this vacancy.
Techsearch is an employment agency that has been connecting businesses with technical talent for nearly 30 years. We specialize in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Technical, Life Sciences, Supply Chain and Manufacturing sectors.
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.