My client, a leading manufacturer of bespoke engineering solutions, are currently recruiting for a talented Applications Engineer to join their growing engineering function based in Gloucestershire. In this exciting and broad role, the successful Application Engineer will be supporting the sale of products and developing bespoke systems across a wide range of markets.
Applications Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Customer and pre-sales support,
- Creating requirements and functional specifications
- Application software development
- Produce technical documentation
- Creating and conducting test configurations
- Provide internal and external/customer technical support.
- Installation and commissioning activities.
Applications Engineer Experitise and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Previous experience in delivering motion control, servo-controlled systems involving the creation and use of motion control software.
- Knowledge of data acquisition, instrumentation, communication networks (CANopen, PROFIBUS, EtherCAT, Ethernet) and control techniques (Matlab/Simulink).
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in defining the requirements of systems incorporating mechanical/hydraulic/electrical equipment.
- Project engineering skills experience
- Direct installation and commissioning experience
- Willingness to travel (Occasional)
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a fantastic business with the Applications Engineer role remunerated with a competitive salary plus excellent benefits package.